How can I tell what servers runs the "real" DayZ 2017?

Zemalf

There's a LOT of DayZ 2017 servers that run some weird custom stuff. Each on it's own, but I'm having hard time finding the real servers, running unmodified DayZ 2017 "as it was designed".

I wasn't drawn to DayZ 2017 to start with a Lee Enfield and a Makarov, and be ready for deathmatch on spawn - I like DayZ 2017 for challenge and survival.

For new DayZ 2017 players, like me, coming through DayZ Commander, can easily ruin the experience to get into server like this. At least label them "FUN", "CUSTOM" or something.

I hope new players get the same experience I was lucky to get on the first go, because by mere chance stumbled into server with what I believe is the real deal = backpack, water bottle, flare and that's it. Awesome.

My server runs 2017 as it was meant to be played.
Not many people yet, but gotta start somewhere right?

My server Post : ClickThis

The one exception to default: You start with NOTHING except a watch.

Hi, im playing at germandayz.de, there is a public 2017 server that is "vanilla 2017" (normal startgear with bottle and flare, tank is active, they maybe changed the spawnpoints of the vehicles) ...they also had a 2nd one with whitelist but its down at the moment...
Theres a TS with several channels for 2017 too.

Its my first post here but i'm reading here for a while, i like the 2017 setting and where it goes, for me this is dayz as it should be...great work guys! :)

P.S.: plz excuse my written english...and hope u never hear my spoken :D

The tlzombies.com server is also vanilla 2017 as far as weapons and vehicles go. The tank doesn't spawn - which is fine by me because it's annoyingly loud for everyone on the map and is going to be removed in the next update anyway. They also have a slightly modified load out - no backpack and you get a flashlight. Also a whitelisted server.

I am really open to suggestions here. So far I think they best bet is if server owners put [Vanilla] in the server banner. Then people can use filters in dayz commander / player with six / arma multiplayer browser?

Some servers are kind enough to mention that it's been changed. Others have been pointing out that they're solid 2017... I've seen one that says "Unmodified!", another says "original." But, one searchable term would be great.

To add to Zemalf's concern...

Are there any servers out there that have 3DP OFF?

EDIT: Just answered my own question... the Spirit of DayZ has 3DP OFF. Looks like that's my ticket!

I'd never played with 3DP off before, it was quite an experience doing it for the first time with 2017. Certainly adds to the paranoia.

I'd never played with 3DP off before, it was quite an experience doing it for the first time with 2017. Certainly adds to the paranoia.

I can't play it any other way. Unfortunately for me, 3DP ON is basically par for the course on servers these days. It wasn't always so :)

I've considered starting up my own server just to satisfy my nit-picking about how absolutely stark, demanding and survivalist I want my game-play to be.

Only thing stopping me are the horror stories that circulate about admins taking so much flak from the player base and the constant threats and inconvenience of hacking.

With some of the glitches in the game, 1st person only can be annoying sometimes, but I love it for driving and flying. I think it was on the Spirit of DayZ server that I parallel parked the bus from Polana in the back courtyard of the Factory... just to see if I could do it in 1st person at night with no gamma/brightness exploiting.

hAqQBUT.jpg

I threw the flare afterward in order to take photos. It was such a gorgeous night and I was taking a lot of screenshots and video. It seems easier driving in 1st person for me. The only part I don't like is the limited FOV - having to jerk my head around more to see an area that I'd be able to see with a still head in real life... and I've got mine set to 85... more than that and my eyes start to hurt.

The only reason I have 3DP on our server is because for some people:
- It gives them headaches
- Lowers FPS
(According to my Clanmate)

I don't get that personally, but meh.

I've certainly experienced the headaches. Oddly enough, I haven't had that problem with other FPS games. Perhaps, because those games don't require me to look around as much as this game does. I've had some drop in frame rate going to first person or being zoomed in, but that could be my crappy lappy.

The only reason I have 3DP on our server is because for some people:
- It gives them headaches
- Lowers FPS
(According to my Clanmate)

I don't get that personally, but meh.

Perhaps they have not turned "headbob" off. I know several people who experienced motion sickness/headaches until they turned that setting off. Then everything was fine.

Even with head bob off, I get a headache. It's something to do with the way the screen looks... particularly with a higher FOV. You can either get headaches from having to the character's head more to see the same information you'd have in 3rd person, or from eyestrain with a higher FOV... or some combination of both.

I know what you mean, I was playing a server that had heli crashes on it, I hated it, I really want a server that hosts the bare start out gear, and the true 2017 experience. Now that would be great..

Back