How do I customise the trader cities ?

vRoam

How do i go about using the mission editor to customise the traders area.
Example:

I want to keep the stalls to stay where they are but I want to remove the castle themed objects around the traders and add my own

Note this is copied from here: Link To Page

Follow this link and download the EpochTradrer.Chernarus.rar, extracting the files afterwards. -------------->https://www.mediafir...6tig61496obvs7u

Some people have problems with adding these files so the safest way I have found to get the files in your editor is:

1 - Be sure you open the editor by joining a DayZ Epoch server and backing out to the main menu, then hit Alt+E and selecting Chernarus,

(This is to be sure you load the correct editor so all the objects in the trader camps load in)

2 - Create a fresh map edit, progress all the way to placing a playable unit then save it, naming it Epoch Traders (or something memorable),

3 - Find where that map edit saved, then drag the mission.biedi and mission.sqf from the above download into the folder (replacing the originals),

4 - Launch the editor again and load the Epoch Traders edit you created in step 2, and this should now contain the default epoch trader layout for you to edit!

Thanks goes to Scenic for finding the required files for this, anyone up for making a shopping mall? xD

Follow this link and download the EpochTradrer.Chernarus.rar, extracting the files afterwards. -------------->https://www.mediafir...6tig61496obvs7u

Some people have problems with adding these files so the safest way I have found to get the files in your editor is:

1 - Be sure you open the editor by joining a DayZ Epoch server and backing out to the main menu, then hit Alt+E and selecting Chernarus,

(This is to be sure you load the correct editor so all the objects in the trader camps load in)

2 - Create a fresh map edit, progress all the way to placing a playable unit then save it, naming it Epoch Traders (or something memorable),

3 - Find where that map edit saved, then drag the mission.biedi and mission.sqf from the above download into the folder (replacing the originals),

4 - Launch the editor again and load the Epoch Traders edit you created in step 2, and this should now contain the default epoch trader layout for you to edit!

Thanks goes to Scenic for finding the required files for this, anyone up for making a shopping mall? xD
Thank you very much :D

All up and running do you know what would happen if I move the traders locations will it break them or will they still function ?

Hi and sorry to thread hijack, but I having some issues with getting the edited .sqf working correctly and I could really use some help.

I am working with Napf Overpoch.

I found the beidi and .sqf files at Github and I was able to get them into the 3d editor. I have created my own trader cities and want to remove the old ones. Which I was able to do in the editor. However, when I get the .sqf on the server, while it loads and the old trader areas have been removed, the traders themselves no longer show up!

I have used the .sqf from github, and I have also used the .sqf from the server, both have the same problem, neither have any traders. I can see them in the file, but none show up on the map. I have tried leaving the traders default or using my own trader cords, neither work. The edited .sqf WORKS, as in it loads, the old trader cities are gone, and does not break the server, but I can not figure out why no traders!

As a test I attempted to remove items manually, that worked AND the traders are still there. But obviously, I would really rather not have to do this manually. Is there a step I am missing?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

OK...well, I figured out the problem, but I'm wondering why the editor is doing this and if there is an easier way to fix it then cutting and pasting.

The editor is putting this bit of code under each trader:
if (false) then {_group_1 selectLeader _this;};

When it needs to be this:
_this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

i am moving the traders and eliminating the cities altogether, will let you know when i get home. but i couldnt get the traders to be selectable in the editor either, but i did before, so not sure why.
will work on this more today

I am able to select them within the editor. That isn't the issue. The problem is when I put the edited .sqf on the server, the traders no longer show up. I got them back when I pasted this text under the traders from the unedited .sqf.

_this allowDammage false; _this disableAI 'FSM'; _this disableAI 'MOVE'; _this disableAI 'AUTOTARGET'; _this disableAI 'TARGET'; _this setBehaviour 'CARELESS'; _this forceSpeed 0;_this enableSimulation false;};

I'm not really sure what is going on since my custom map edits never have units on them. So I am wondering am I missing a step or doing something incorrect while in the editor. I never preview BTW, only edit then save.

i dont know, before i just dragged the ai to a new location in the editor and didnt have to edit any files. it seems those settings shouldnt affect anything tho

I used manual cords to move the traders. I just used the cut and paste method to get them working. (shrug) It's all done and working fine. Now to mess with their animations! :p

Back