How many of you will

Audio Rejectz

Just a general chit chat post :D

So, How many of you will actively remain in the dayzmod modding, scripting scene once standalone comes?
Do you plan on working with Arma 3 when it comes?

With Matt Lightfoot's stating in his interview that modding isnt an option at release, has this changed your thoughts on standalone?

i never believed modding would be available at release. as such im already getting ready to move over to MSO. I don't expect private hives for DayZ SA

Only just seen this thread.

I will likely hover around still to see what is happening, but I don't see myself being anywhere near as active as what I am now. I might try my hand at a few things in Arma 3, but just for the fun of it.

I will mainly be focusing on making my own games when SA is out. I am getting fairy proficient at using Unity3D (I am falling in love with how agile it is) and I have no shortage of ideas on what I want to do, but I won't be doing anything DayZ like.

I don't expect anything I will make will have anything near the coverage that 2017 had, nor will I have a AAA engine already there to sketch on, but I think I will prefer being in full control and it being my baby, then someone elses.

As for DayZ SA not being mod'able - as far as I can see its still Arma 2 (they will use PBO's), so I think its more a question of when rather then how. I think the dev team must be refering maybe providing a modding framework (not sure)? But really unless you use a load of DRM and sign everything, there is no way to stop it.

But the modding community (not just this one, anyone) is not something to be concerned over. Lets be honest, would DayZ have anywhere near the same interest still if it was not for others releasing new content to give players something to get short term excited over.

Personally i'm more looking forward to someone porting Dayz to Arma 3 :) Even if it can't be called Dayz through copyright/trademark reasons

I'm sure the standalone will be good and i will be buying it but it's using Chernaus and i got bored of that very quickly, maps like Lingor Island brought me back and then all the extra features that the modding community brings

So i can see me spending more time playing community made mods for Arma 3 than the Dayz SA

I for one am not looking for a port(DayZ) to ARMA3. As it seems the ARMA2 community isn't fond of DayZ because it ruined the community as a whole. I am hoping that BIS says no to the port over to ARMA3 because of said copyright reasons.

I only discovered Arma through dayz though, I played Dayz and got bored with Chernarus so i went and played Arma 2
Without Dayz i would never of bought Arma 2.

So whether or not the Arma 2 community like Dayz it did bring it new exposure and increased the sales at BI :) That can only be a good thing for everyone ?

I just want to mod / script for dayZ at the moment. I would hope that Arma3 is as good for scripting as it's predecessor. The Arma2 engine is not going to go away any time soon I would hope, how many more Arma2 servers were there before dayZ ?

I for one am not looking for a port(DayZ) to ARMA3. As it seems the ARMA2 community isn't fond of DayZ because it ruined the community as a whole. I am hoping that BIS says no to the port over to ARMA3 because of said copyright reasons.

Why is that? Because it brought along all the cheaters?

Why is that? Because it brought along all the cheaters?
No because the ARMA2 community doesn't like us. BattlEye should take care of cheaters. As though it seems like you come from ARMA2 and not from DayZ. Do not try and pin DayZ for bringing all the cheaters. I played ARMA2 back in 2009 and there wasn't as many cheaters as there is now, but cheaters are cheaters. Like I said if you read the post I do not want DayZ being ported because it will ruin the ARMA3 community.

Lol I wasn't saying that. I bought this game too when it came out. (Killed the preacher in the end mission and couldn't complete the game because that massive bug) I was saying because dayz is more popular it brought way more people to it than Arma 2 did. More people more cheaters

Part of the problem is that on one spectrum you have the Day Z Bevis and Butthead; then on the other end of the spectrum you have people that suffer form PTSD after saving everon.

Its like all those old relatives that always would tell you things like "you know you absorb more radiation watching tv than i did sleeping next to the reactor on a submarine..... you should at least join the army when you grow up..." that uncle would love arma, he would hate dayz

Yea personally I love the hell outta arma but I've never been so nervous playing it as dayz in the beginning. It was the best finding guns meeting up with friends then trying to survive for days on end. Every time you run across another player your hands get sweaty and u get nervous cause you don't wanna die. Vanilla Arma never had that effect on me.

But As the game got more popular in came more cheaters no longer could you hide tents cause they just teleport to them then the duping thing. It killed some of the excitement for me

Vanilla Day Z doesn't have that effect on me, i had to turn up the zombie spawns to 150 per player and increase the range to spawn at 300.

last night i went to a supermarket at night and started getting swarmed and actually said dam i need to get the hell out of here. right as i got to my chopper i started to take off and my internet went down...

luckily it went down before i actually got to the chopper so when i was already in air non of that happen on the server.

It use to have that effect but i know where all the spawns are, i have see the spawn code i know how the spawns work, i know what is where code wise. I use to log on thinking dam i need to get a gun, when really just needed a hatchet ( infinite ammo/silent/1hk)

Arguably the dayz community is 3x larger than the rest of the existing arma community so technically its it still their game? Do either group have a right to say its not the others game?

People can't just understand that gamers play games, they dont care how, the arma3 leetists dont have any tolerance of the dayz people and the dayz people screw with them because they hate it.

hopefully dayz wont go to arma 3, but instead aspects of dayz sa will be put into arma 3, such as the clothing of the units, maybe some type of database connection would be natively supported by the server.

I might stick around while SA has no modding capabilities yet (though I doubt no-one will find a way to mod it), and when Arma 3 hits the shelves I'll probably go over to that (if it has the same modding capabilities ArmA 2 has).

I think the reason why DayZ ruined the ArmA 2 community wasn't because of DayZ itself; it's because of the little kids (sorry kids!) and cheaters who ruined the whole game. I think the original community feels like people don't buy ArmA anymore for ArmA; they buy it for DayZ. Which is true in some way.

In one perspective I'd like to actually see DayZ in ArmA 3, but also a part of me doesn't because of the reason pwnoz0r mentioned.

In any way, I will actually stay around BIS game modding I think. Whether that'd be ArmA 2, DayZ SA or ArmA 3. Maybe a bit of all of 'm?

I'm shocked more devs aren't into the idea of modding on A3.... Sahrani Dev Team is going to have a look for sure... If anyone wants to team up let us know, we'll be discussing it lightly over the next couple days, but were thinking about having a quick go at getting it ported...

Although TBH I'd rather wait till our Sahrani build is done and then put THAT to A3 not just vanilla DayZ...

The things we've got planned for Sahrani and the future of the mod are not going to be slowed or deterred by either SA or A3...

I'm shocked more devs aren't into the idea of modding on A3.... Sahrani Dev Team is going to have a look for sure... If anyone wants to team up let us know, we'll be discussing it lightly over the next couple days, but were thinking about having a quick go at getting it ported...

Although TBH I'd rather wait till our Sahrani build is done and then put THAT to A3 not just vanilla DayZ...

The things we've got planned for Sahrani and the future of the mod are not going to be slowed or deterred by either SA or A3...

You have to also realize that most DayZ admins are not your typical arma dev, some people have no clue what a RPT log is, they dont know what mods are let alone what this thing you called arma, which that got installed when they installed DayZ off steam.

The other thing is allot of people dont want to be attached to the stigma of being a "dayz dev" because that small minority(75% of the arma community).

I hope the Dayz mod scene continue :) The standalone is going to be buggy and unstable when released, It's to be expected and the community will want something stable such as Dayz

Rocket did mention he will release the Dayz source code so there is no reason it can't be picked up :D
Thevisad took over the huge task of Reality when Bliss ended so hopefully the Opendayz team will carry on with Dayz
R4Z0R49 looks like he's making plans for the end of Dayz with a new project called http://survivalmod.com/

Well for the record... I will take being a DayZ Dev over being an Arma Dev ANY DAY lol... totally not into mil. sims AT ALL... DayZ???? LIterally made me LOVE pc gaming again after losing interest for over a decade...

The group I'm working with is a mix, Sherman without a doubt aligns with Arma more than DayZ...

We have EVERY INTENTION IN THE WORLD of keeping our mod in development for years to come.. the SA release IMO will not go well... I think they spent WAY too much time focused on WAY too minor things and will end up being a real pile off the bat, and I don't really see ANYTHING inspiring or exciting coming out of them in the way of ideas either.... I mean maybe they're just holding it close to their chest.... Or plan on cherry picking w'ever puclic mechanics from the mod they want....

But for now I'm REALLY scared that Rocket thinks it's a good idea to talk about changing sweaters and sneakers for 20 minutes... I couldn't give a shit less about what cloths I'm wearing or that now you can change shoes and pants and sweaters... like Seriously?

How about some actual GAME mechanics?

I'll be playing and modding all of them lol... SHOW ME ALL THE BLUEPRINTS!!!!!!!!!!

Back