How to make it say 'This Vehicle will despawn' on entering vehicle?

Is it possible to have vehicles that were added via the editor come up with the message "Warning: This vehicle will disappear on server restart!" just as it does from DZMS ?

I tried changing this:
Code:
_vehicle_178 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Old_bike_TK_INS_EP1", [3718.2104, 14512.237, -0.00012207031], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_178 = _this;
  _this setDir -87.539024;
  _this setPos [3718.2104, 14512.237, -0.00012207031];
};
to this:
Code:
_vehicle_178 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Old_bike_TK_INS_EP1", [3718.2104, 14512.237, -0.00012207031], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_178 = _this;
  _this setDir -87.539024;
  _this setPos [3718.2104, 14512.237, -0.00012207031];
  _object addEventHandler ["GetIn",{
  _nil = [nil,(_this select 2),"loc",rTITLETEXT,"Warning: This vehicle will disappear on server restart!","PLAIN DOWN",5] call RE;
     }];
};
Doesn't work though,

Any ideas ?
Thanks

two methods: either before the player gets in, or after they get in

before they get in:
all mission vehicles are setting the variable dzai, or mission, or dzms, or whatever you choose, which is what you use as a marker to show it will despawn.
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVariable
have this script running where it checks if cursortarget getvariable("mission",false) is equal to true in which case we pop up a message when they get within 2 meters

or check if they get into a vehicle:
here is your code to check if a player gets into a vehicle (i think, its from fn_selfactions)
Code:
_vehicle = vehicle player;
_inVehicle = (_vehicle != player);
and then check if the variable "mission" has been set and poop out a message

SchwEde

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
in my opinion the easiest way is following:

in your vehicle spawn code just add:
Code:
_this addEventHandler ["GetIn",{
            _nil = [nil,(_this select 2),"loc",rTITLETEXT,"Warning: This vehicle will disappear on server restart!","PLAIN DOWN",5] call RE;
        }];
the problem with your code is that you set the addeventHandler to _object but you only have _this defined. So try to change _object to _this and it should work

in my opinion the easiest way is following:

in your vehicle spawn code just add:
Code:
_this addEventHandler ["GetIn",{
        }];
the problem with your code is that you set the addeventHandler to _object but you only have _this defined. So try to change _object to _this and it should work
Yeah, there you go. use the correct variables :D

As always my friend, you have provided me with a simple/working solution...
Tested and working 100% :)

Ty !!
All hail schwede !!
Since you said the eventhandler wasn't working I didnt even look at your actual code, but eventhandlers are really the easiest way to do a lot of stuff because it removes all the detection code and they aren't hard to do once you understand the code. ... but I forget about them all the time and fixate on code ... going to have to write USE AN EVENTHANDLER, IDIOT on my monitor to remind me

I only now noticed that SchwEde had made the post,,, :( .. I had come here from an email notice and overlooked the creator to get to the goodies :)
My sincerest apologies SchwEde, sorry m8 and thank you very much for this quick and easy solution.