How to run more then one server on a VDS/VPS

n612ua

Hello, first off I hope this is the right place for this.

I rent a VDS/VPS from NFO, so far I love it much better then the dedicated host's I have used in the past. My server has been up for a month now on NFO.
I copied my main game server files into another folder(so I could use it as a test server). I changed the batch file paths ETC. Mind you the server is a copy that was made while the main server was shut down, and the main game server works fine. I do have some code problems but we are getting that worked out, but it's not stopping the server from running good.

In the server.bat and the DayZ_Overpoch_instance_1_Chernarus.bat file's I changed the port to 2314. My regular server runs off port 2302 so I did not want it trying to connect to the same port as my main game files.

My problem is that when I try to run the test server from the other folder, I get stuck on waiting for host. Then I look on the console window and I get this message " Mission DayZ Overpoch Chernarus read from directory."

I have googled this and it seems to be a problem from time to time. Some of the fixes givin would make since if the main files did not work, but seeing as they do and I'm trying to run the main server and game server on the same VDS there might be something else I need to change in the setting's so they both can run.

Also they both have different databases.

Any insight would be great

Usually that repeating message about the mission means you have something misspelled or mislocated.

In your config file did you change the steamports?
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki...owhead_.26_Arma_3_-_STEAM_ports_configuration
//ArmA2 OA : 1.63 SETTINGS
steamport = 8766; //default 8766, needs to be unique if multiple serves on same box
steamqueryport = 2303; //default 27016, needs to be unique if multiple servers on same box

I have always used the -profiles option to separate all my servers. so you have -profiles=config\main_server and in your folders you would have a folder config\main_server with the basic.cfg, server.cfg and hiveext.ini
Then you have a -profiles=config\testing_server and you would have another folder config\testing_server with its totally separate set of files. The logs are also printed to these profiles folder so you would have separate RPT and hiveext.log files. AND of course each folder would have its own active Battleye folder as shown below. I have a config folder for Dayz, Overwatch, Chocoland (wasteland) and my Overpoch server (iarezombie).
y0l6DCw.png

Back