[SOLVED] how would i go about making 3hour day and 1hour night

Quarterbreed

my server restarts every 4hours, I would love to have 3 hours day and 1 hour night of even if I could get 2 hours day and 2 hour night would be awesome.

what would I have to change in hiveini to get them settings

Just set time to static in your INI and pick a time 3 hours before sunset. Every restart it will start in the early evening, the sun will go down, then you restart to daylight again.

could anyone help me out.. everytime I change the hour in my hiveext.ini it doesn't do anything in game.. its on static and I changed it to hour=3 and it still restarts and shows 8am on my watch.. what am I doing wrong!

And when I try to use my local time its 4 hours ahead of my server time.. wtf is goin on.. I thought on local time it uses the computer time.. if so why is mine server 4 hours a head of my computer time

**EDIT**

I just noticed when I do change the time.. it does go to that time for a few seconds then the screen flashes and it it goes back to 8am.. can some one help me pls

Kinda sounds like a timezone issue. Is this a dedicated box (or VPS)? What's the system clock say on the machine? Are you offsetting from that time?

Kinda sounds like a timezone issue. Is this a dedicated box (or VPS)? What's the system clock say on the machine? Are you offsetting from that time?

its on my own dedi box I have home, and the machine time is my irl time. im not sure why it does that

here ya go :)
Code:
;If you see a commented line of that form, it means that the setting is optional, and the Value shows the default
;To change from the default, simply uncomment the line and change the Value

[Date]
;Possible values: Local, Static
Type = Static
;If using Static type, the year/month/date to set the date to
;Year = 2012
;Month = 1
;Date = 1

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to Local
Type = Static
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = 0
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
;Hour = 8

[Logger]
;Possible values: trace, debug, information, notice, warning, error, critical, fatal, none
;They are sorted by importance (low to high), with trace being the most verbose, and none would turn off logging
;This controls both the file output level, and the console output level
Level = information

;Uncomment this option to override the logging level for the console only
;The specified level can only be higher than the global one, setting lower values will have no effect
;So for example, if you want to have information-level logs in your file, but only warning-level and higher in your console
;You would uncomment this option and set it to warning
;Leaving it commented out means there's no special level for the console, so it will just use the global one
ConsoleLevel = information

;By default, the HiveExt console log output will go to the Arma2 server window, with colour highlighing by importance
;If you want to use the old style, separate windows console window for the HiveExt log output, set this option to true
SeparateConsole = false

[Database]
;Hostname or IP of the server to connect to
;You can use the value "." (without quotes) to indicate named-pipe localhost connection
;If you leave this line commented or blank, HiveExt will connect to the OFFICIAL Hive, which requires registration
;See support.dayzmod.com for more information on what OFFICIAL Hive means, what are the rules, etc.
;If using OFFICIAL hive, the rest of the settings in this section have no effect
Host = 127.0.0.1

;Currently, only MySQL is supported
Type = MySQL

;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = 3326

;Database name to connect to.
Database = hivemind

;Username to connect with
Username = xxxx
;Password to authenticate with (default is blank)
Password = xxxx

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, appropriate layout will be used
[Characters]
;The field name that Player's IDs are stored in (unique per game license)
;Some table layouts have this as PlayerID, and some as PlayerUID, that's why this is configurable
;IDField = PlayerUID
;The field name that Player's World Position and rotation is stored in
;Enables you to run multiple different maps (different instances) off the same character table
;WSField = Worldspace

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, as it will clean up by itself
[Objects]
;Which table should the objects be stored and fetched from ?
;Table = Object_DATA

;Negative values will disable this feature
;0 means that ALL empty placed items will be deleted every server restart
;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted
;CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 6

;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;You can find that file under the SQF directory for your server version
;ResetOOBVehicles = false

;If using OFFICIAL hive, the settings in this section have no effect, it will manage objects on its own
[ObjectDB]
;Setting this to true separates the Object fetches from the Character fetches
;That means that the Object Table must be on this other database
;Use = false

;The settings here have the same meaning as in [Database], and are only used if the setting above is set to true
;Type = MySQL
;Host = 127.0.0.1
;Port = 3306
;Database = hivemind
;Username = xxxx
;Password = xxxx

its on static atm, but even when i try to have it start at 7PM for a few hours of day and 1 night before restart it still restarts and goes to 8am

You need to uncomment the settings themselves, too. Like this -

Code:
;If you see a commented line of that form, it means that the setting is optional, and the Value shows the default[/FONT]
;To change from the default, simply uncomment the line and change the Value

[Date]
;Possible values: Local, Static
Type = Static
;If using Static type, the year/month/date to set the date to
Year = 2012
Month = 1
Date = 1

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
;You cannot use Static on OFFICIAL Hive, it will just revert to Local
Type = Static
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = 0
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
Hour = 8

ok thx ill try this in 15-20 once i get in to see how it goes thx ya, but why would it go 4 hours ahead when i have it on local.. is it because of the same reason

Not sure why local would give you weird behavior, but you should be able to get static working like this.

Not sure why local would give you weird behavior, but you should be able to get static working like this.
Awesome thx alot been looking around for awhile now about this issue, ijust wanted 2-3 hours of daylight and 1hr with night, ill set it for 6pm and by the time the restart happens should be darl hour b4

Back