Improving suggestion

J3T

Valued Member!
We currently running a crafting script (here it is: http://opendayz.net/threads/crafting-system-easier-to-modify.10638/#post-50684).
But my problem is, that there is to less trash/useless/craftingloot on this map.
For example: You got razor, toiletpaper on 1.7.7.1 servern, none of them on sahrani (because of the lower dayz version i guess). But it would be a pleasure if you could implement something like http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18038 for example. We can have more fun with it and it gives the whole game a lot more realism. And after all, it doesn't affect the balancing. So why not?

cheers J3T

Lots of work to accommodate an external system that will be totally pointless in a future update.

Our crafting system is going to be built out to include tons more stuff.

I have contacted the author of Arma Role Playing Addon, about using his addon in our mod.

Lots of work to accommodate an external system that will be totally pointless in a future update.
Wasn't that much work^^. But it's nice to hear you already thinking about the ARP Addon

Just saying spending any time on an addon that will be replaced by our own content is sort of a waste of time.

Yeah it's kind of wasted time, but atm it isn't implemented and we wanted soooooo i implemented it.

But do you have and eta for the next patch?

Not really no, next patch is likely going to be minor, we really need more people working on the mod. Just seems like everyone backs away when we explain we can't and won't use un-permitted addons or scripts, we re-write, customize, or make our own version of just about everything.

WOuld offer my help to you. But i'm not really familiar with the arma coding. So i don't really think that you want someone like me.

Just going to tell you what would be awesome if you implent this in your future crafting system:
Dismount and mounting weapons:
For example:
First of all you need new weapon packs because of many weapons doesn't exist in such ways (e.g. M14 without a scope). I would recommed using rmod or the RH_Weapon packs.
So you dismount an m14 aim and what do you got? A m14 without a scope and a reddot scope. The reddot scope can now be attached to every weapon that is possible to be used with a reddot. (M4a1+reddot = m4a1 cco)
Now you got a sniper scope from a mk 17, and you mount it on your m14 and you got a dmr.

It was just a little thing coming to my mind. maybe you can implent it. Maybe not (i will do it myself then).

cheers J3T

*edit* you should also be able to remove /add supresser and granadelauncher

Just going to tell you what would be awesome if you implent this in your future crafting system:
Dismount and mounting weapons:
For example:
First of all you need new weapon packs because of many weapons doesn't exist in such ways (e.g. M14 without a scope). I would recommed using rmod or the RH_Weapon packs.
So you dismount an m14 aim and what do you got? A m14 without a scope and a reddot scope. The reddot scope can now be attached to every weapon that is possible to be used with a reddot. (M4a1+reddot = m4a1 cco)
Now you got a sniper scope from a mk 17, and you mount it on your m14 and you got a dmr.

It was just a little thing coming to my mind. maybe you can implent it. Maybe not (i will do it myself then).

cheers J3T

*edit* you should also be able to remove /add supresser and granadelauncher

There are addons that do this now ACR comes to mind, it's used in Civilian, we are working on a similar system using the weapon pack we've been given permission to use, RH is not open and no one "should" be using it... but it is and has been on our long term list for quite a while...

This type of system will be built into the official mod at some point but they are only using official guns for now.

I'm actually one of the people who pushed for this system (Gun Part Swapping) to be used in the Official Mod's Crafting system back in march before they had the idea:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/125753-dayz-mod-1761-hotfix/page__st__420#entry1245010
Clearly you should be able to strip scopes/handles/foregrips/ laser pointers/lights/stocks etc from other weapons to use on your current or preferred weapon.

The system only works for guns that have existing variants, which is why we held off on doing it until we got approval to use a gun pack that has a TON of variants. NOW we have to actually write the system for that gunpack, HOWEVER it might prove smarter to wait for the Official Mod's crafting solution.... But we have to look at that as it evolves.

Our crafting system is in need of a re-write anyway.

If you want i can have a look at the script. As i said, i'm not familiar with arma scriptings but with scripting like java. So as i know the arma language is a bit similiar like java. Maybe i can solve that "crafting re-write" for you.

Only thing i need for this is the name of the weaponpack you want (the one you asked for but didn't recive an answer) and the script. Got 4 Weeks free time now.... enough for this huge script i think. Oh and i am not lack of ideas for crafting systems *gg* As you know i implemented a crafting system for our server and i tried to do my best for making it new.

*edit* and if you want a total rewrite. I can try writing it from the scratch.

Back