Infection from zombie flesh and zombie hits

entspeak

Since the DayZ zombie mythos is one based on an infection similar to a toxoplasmosis like zombifying parasite rather than re-animation of a dead body, I had this idea about the nature of the infection one gets from eating zombie flesh or being hit by a zombie. It came to me after watching the great dev discussion about 2017 v2.

I don't know exactly what the paranoid effects of sleep deprivation are - haven't lived long enough to experience it, but what if they were also the effects of infection by zombie hit or eating zombie flesh? Perhaps more acute? This would differentiate between the infection from getting too cold or eating human flesh and zombie infection. You'd also become hyper aware that you were around someone who'd eaten zombie flesh if they were not just coughing but also acting funny.

I like the thought of that actually. I'll add it to our development plans for ArmA 3. (it's unlikely we'll add many more features for ArmA 2 anymore, just bugfixes and small things. (apart from the v2.1 update (basebuilding)))

Edit: I myself also always wanted to add something to the "infection" idea; not just the part that gets you sick (which probably in a zombie-survival mod shouldn't be called 'infection'), but an actual zombie infection mechanic. This seems like one of many ideas that'd be great to add for the gameplay.

Back