Integrating Dayz 1.8.6.1 into a new map

J3T

Valued Member!
Hey Guys,
I am wondering whether it would be easy to integrate the newest version of Dayz into a new map. Or whether it would be a bulk of work.
The reason is simple, a few of my friends love the new Vanilla Dayz but are sick of the chernarus map for now. So well we would love some holidays on a tropical map like Lingor or Sahrani but apperantly it is harder than i thought it would be. Seems like the Vanilla DayZ isn't an universal mod like epoch. Or maybe i am just to bad to integrate it into our server.

tl:dr Does anyone have some link to guide how to set up the vanilla dayz mod with a custom map?
Thanks in advance

It's going to be more hassle than it is worth, you'll need to change the spawning coordinates, create a new mission file, etc. Unless you know Arma 2 scripting inside out, it's out of your reach.

Guessed so. Apparently I have to take my vacation on the east coast, I heard Skalisty is nice this time of the year :). Thanks for the reply.

I just got a panthera 1.8.6.1 with overwatch up for the extra weapons. It wasn't too hard, just used the same files as chernarus and updated a couple things for panthera such as the config in the server files and the mission.sqm in the mission file. That was all that needed to be modified, select spawns can't be used unless you make custom images for the location tho.

Back