Is respawn logic updated?

Swordfish

Is this implemented yet in your release?

"Maciej said:
I think I know now. I cleared a group in a small area, returned 20 min later, and found a random composition of very skilled enemies in the respawn zone. It seems that respawn mechanics sometimes ignore skill/squad composition settings and spawn some random group with random skill"

"checking the respawn logic ... spot on. the skills don't get applied on respawn.
Thx a lot for finding that out, will be fixed and be in the next release.
cheers, Sarge
"

That applies to the skill assignment for respawned groups. It is fixed, but not released yet.

cheers, Sarge

Okey, thanks. Can we have that updated code to just fiz that part or do we need to wait for the new realease?

And if the answer is wait, when do you think the release will be?

Thanks in advance..

try adding a fixed skill update on every unit spawn. I am running it for allunits in east group as a precaution, every time an NPC is spawned. This probably takes some toll on the server but at least fixes the underlying issue in a clumsy, dirty way. Not sure if this can be done more efficiently, I have only started learning arma2 scripts 2weeks ago.

{
if (side _x == east then
{
_x setSkill [aimingAccuracy, 0.7];
_x setSkill [aimingShake,0.7];
_x setSkill [aimingSpeed,0.7];
_x setSkill [courage,1];
_x setSkill [commanding,1];
_x setSkill [endurance,1];
_x setSkill [general,1];
_x setSkill [reloadSpeed,1];
_x setSkill [spotDistance,1];
_x setSkill [spotTime,1];
};
}foreach allunits;

it's wait, too many changes to deliver a small fix.

We might see a release this weekend, like Blizzard said: it's done when it's done :)

No rush Sarge, if you need to climb Mt. Everest before you get around to fixing it, so be it, we still love you!

try adding a fixed skill update on every unit spawn. I am running it for allunits in east group as a precaution, every time an NPC is spawned. This probably takes some toll on the server but at least fixes the underlying issue in a clumsy, dirty way. Not sure if this can be done more efficiently, I have only started learning arma2 scripts 2weeks ago.

{
if (side _x == east then
{
_x setSkill [aimingAccuracy, 0.7];
_x setSkill [aimingShake,0.7];
_x setSkill [aimingSpeed,0.7];
_x setSkill [courage,1];
_x setSkill [commanding,1];
_x setSkill [endurance,1];
_x setSkill [general,1];
_x setSkill [reloadSpeed,1];
_x setSkill [spotDistance,1];
_x setSkill [spotTime,1];
};
}foreach allunits;

Where did you put this code? I have had several players on my server get wtfpwned by respawned AI. They are VERY good at shooting down choppers so I had to remove 7.62s from them

Fixed this for this version, so you don't need to wait for the full release.

Just get the new UPSMON.sqf file from github and let me know if it works as expected.

cheers, Sarge

Back