Is Taviana dead???

there is a lot more to putting out updates than saying a date and that happening.

Our team was hopping to have 3 or 4 updates out by now and haven't gotten one done.

There are a lot of things going on behind the scenes with all the official DayZ code base too which might be causing delays.

all you're doing is giving the devs more pressure for something they do out of the goodness of their hearts, and cluttering up their section with useless threads with no info or contribution.

But as always if there wouldn't have been a release date mentioned in the first place no one would have given Hicks any crap about it. Now obviously he is not to blame for the reaction of others though when you miss a release date you have set yourself and announced to a broader public do consider leaving a short note what is going on. Should you for example decide to cease development the sooner you communicate that the sooner someone else could pick up where you left off.

It's funny to me how people expect a group of people donating their time and energy to live up to some standards that overly spoiled people have become accustom to thanks to modern society.

They don't owe you a thing. Sit, wait, hope, if you don't want to do that... work.

Breaking point and Epoch are both going to be adding Taviana support, as will Sahrani eventually (way further out) not to mention there are the original guys at DayZland.eu who are working on something... although it might be a different project entirely...

Maybe Hicks had a pesonal emergency? Maybe they haven't decided whether or not to scrap the project?

I can tell you that I had a PM convo with Hicks a while back and there was NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT...

He was seeing out his promises and goals for Taviana. PERIOD...

So I'd sit back and wait, or start working on the problems you have with it and try to contribute those solutions here.

I am just expecting from others what I expect from myself. I am also a free time coder who has dedicated over a year of his time to the development of two hooks for an open source project called pyload and all this during my time as a job trainee - that means going to work in the afternoon after having had business school in the morning. Whenever I announce something I either see it through or let people know about possible delays. I consider that common courtesy and a way of providing planning reliability to others.

I actually thought about participating in the development of DayZ and even looked into Arma2's scripting language writing a test environment for measuring bullet drop and translated that into a small JAVA application. What is keeping me from directly contributing to the development of vanilla DayZ or Taviana are my upcoming final exams along with the possibility of a SA alpha release in June. Should it become clear that SA alpha release will be pushed back much farther I will most likely get involved.

Well I doubt Hicks has a personal emergency over a period of two weeks. Even if I am sure someone in his team could take over communications. We are talking a statement thats as brief as: "Development was ceased because of internal differences". That took 5 seconds.

Let me reiterate: It is not about that I feel entitled to an update of Taviana by Hicks rather then a simple and very short statement (see above) as to what is going on so I know if I should keep on waiting for the release or move on and dedicate my time to other also promising DayZ forks.

Also it bewilders me from where you get the idea of a standard set by modern society when that standard (expectation might be the better word) stems directly from Hicks' multiple(!) announcements for a release date.

Back