IS this normal?

Eddie

this is part of my nrt that shows everytime i have host a server, the script of AI(including choppers) works just fine, no problem at all, but i just don't get it why i have some weird errors. i have try to newest version i have check the init.sqf, server_cleanup.fsm, description also checked. i pretty much check everything need it
P.S. i try to use the file i have make a editing and also the one without any editing. (both)

Code:
if ((_e>
16:58:38  Error position: <_cont==0) then {
_exit=true
};

if ((_e>
16:58:38  Error Undefined variable in expression: _cont
16:58:38 File mpmissions\dayz_1.chernarus\addons\UPSMON\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 2484
16:58:38 Error in expression <KRON_UPS_>
16:58:38  Error position: <KRON_UPS_>
16:58:38  Error Undefined variable in expression: kron_ups_
16:58:38 Error in expression < format ["KRON_UPS_%1",_npcname]);

if (_cont==0) then {
_exit=true
};

if ((_e>
_exit=true
};

if ((_e>
16:58:38 File mpmissions\dayz_1.chernarus\addons\UPSMON\scripts\upsmon.sqf, line 2484
16:58:38 Error in expression <KRON_UPS_>
16:58:38  Error position: <KRON_UPS_>
16:58:38  Error Undefined variable in expression: kron_ups_
16:58:38 Error in expression < format ["KRON_UPS_%1",_npcname]);

if (_cont==0) then {
_exit=true
};

if ((_e>
_exit=true
};

if ((_e>
16:58:42 Error in expression <ts1 = [];
_targets2 = [];
{
if (!isnull _x && alive _x && !captive _x ) then { 
>
16:58:42  Error position: <_x && alive _x && !captive _x ) then { 
>
16:58:42  Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
16:58:42 File mpmissions\dayz_1.chernarus\addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf, line 335

redownload the ones from my github and try again. something got messed up there by your changes i assume, otherwise others would have reported that issue as well.

Sarge

post your init.sqf, SAR_config.sqf, rpt file of 1(!) serverstart, cfg_grps file please.

Sarge

same problem here!

have a plain dayz 1.7.6.1 install. just dropped your files from github/SAR_AI-1.5.0 into the addon directory under mpmissions/mymission and changed the few things mentioned in the readme.

there are a lot of this "Error Undefined variable in expression: _x" errors in the rpt file.

was not able to fix this by adding "_x" to the private statement. also found another one in MON_functions.sqf at lines 1593/1594 where a "_" seems to be missing in front of "minfloors".

stopped trying to fix this further as it looks there is some more to do! anyway, would like to try this addon!

can see the monitor, so anything is happening. went to one of the spawn points west of cherno but nothing happend. shouldn't there some ai be walking around?

if you need any logs or other files just ask ...

edit: prepared some files. send pm for the logs, no idea how to upload them here.

finally figured out whats wrong:

just forgot to update server_cleanup.fsm. this was completely my fault!

anyway, as i was trying to fix my issues, i closely watched my .rpt file. there were a lot of scripterrors logged! besides functional issues, this might also be hitting performance because of massive writes to the logfile. was able to fix almost all of the errors showing up!

needed to slightly modify the following files:
SARGE\SAR_functions.sqf
SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf
UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf
UPSMON\scripts\UPSMON\common\MON_functions.sqf
UPSMON\scripts\UPSMON.sqf

too lazy to document the changes here. was no big deal, just a few statements here and there. would like you to check my modifications to make sure i have not broken any functionality. pls get in touch with me by pm!

there are still two errors logged in the logfile related to AirDestructionStage2.sqf.
23:25:54 Error Undefined variable in expression: _zv
23:25:54 File ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\AirDestructionStage2.sqf, line 59
23:25:54 Error Undefined variable in expression: _shards
23:25:54 File ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\AirDestructionStage2.sqf, line 71

as this is an arma2 script i have no idea how to fix this? would need a way to distribute this file with my mission files and tell arma somehow to replace it on the clients at runtime. no idea if this can be done and how????

i really have my doubts that what you did was good. I would be more than interested to see the changes, and the corresponding rpt errors.

I get 0, null, nada script errors, and my code is one of the best checked (squint and parsers) of any you can find in any dayz script.

Sarge

sarge: im new to scripting with arma, so please bear with me!

stumbled over opendayz.net some days ago and could not resist to try some addons on my server. sar_ai-1.5.0 was one of them. and i agree, your scripts are really well written, what made me think the errors might origin somewhere else!

don't know what beta patch you are using, but bis changed handling of undefined variables with patch 104648. while previous in patches such undefined variables were silently ignored, there is now an errormessage written to the .rpt. this behavior is confirmed by dwarden: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthre...-62-release)&p=2405719&viewfull=1#post2405719 (how to post a link here?)

so i assume when people start using one of the last two beta patches they will run into the same issues.

verified this with the last 7 betas and the last two (104648 and 105785) show up this sort of errors, while older patches don't. while i was debugging my own scripts i realized some errors reported from yours. you are right, as expected i was not able to understand your code enough to judge if my modifications will hurt functionality. will send you the files i modified and you can easy compare them to the unmodified ones with winmerge or something like that.as said befor, its just a few statements here and there, no big deal - but as we know even this can make a program go nuts ...

you can see the errors in the .rpt when you update to one of the mentioned betas!

anyway, there are still a few errors showing up in the log which are not related to this issue:
Error Undefined variable in expression: sar_rifleman_band_skills
Error Undefined variable in expression: sar_rifleman_surv_skills
Error Undefined variable in expression: sar_rifleman_sold_skills

Error Undefined variable in expression: kron_ups_sar_leader_1
Error Undefined variable in expression: kron_ups_

while i could work around the first three errors by defining the corresponding section in SAR_config.sqf (just copied the section named *solder*, may be there was a change in name which did not find its way into the code)

i have no idea how to fix the kron* errors.

besides that, there are also some bohemian scripts sowing this sort of errors. dwaren already confirmed this and said they are scheduled to be fixed. see the link above.

will try to send you the modified scripts by pm ...

had a quick glance at your changes.

The issue about the patch is right. For the time being i recommend to stick to the patchlevel that is supported by DAYZ.

A couple of things about your changes:

mon_functions:
a) !isnil dist makes no sense, shouldnt happen and if it does, the error is in an earlier logic
b) minfloors: good find, thats a real bug in the UPSMON files
c) isnil leadername doesnt make sense, the getvariable function will return an empty string if the variable isnt defined

init_upsmon
a) the objects in KRON_NPC will never be NIL, they will only be NUL objects, so the changes are wrong and will lead to malfunctions with dead units.

this applies to most of the other changes you did as well. i will incorporate the ones that are real bugs (as the above _minfloors)

The thing about sar_rifleman_band_skills is a bug in the respawn skillset function within UPSMON, nice find as well :)

As i said, stick to the official Dayz beta version, imo lots of the DayZ code will get reported in the rpt as well as error in regards of undefined variables.

Sarge

Back