Looking for a new host

Hi,

I'm looking for a new DayZ Server Host

I'm sick of DayZ.ST Constantly down for dos attacks, I'm running one of the top servers on game tracker on there but the dos attacks are hitting hard, today it's been down for HOURS and I've not been able to access my ftp for 2 days! It's getting ridiculous, does anyone have any suggestions on who I should move too?

We're currently hosted in Amsterdam, wanting something around that area.
Currently paying $30/Month for the hosting, I don't mind paying a bit more.

Just wanting something that's stable and doesn't lag. When we hit 50 People at the moment, you can really feel lag I want a lag free server,

Please post your suggested servers, Thanks! ^_^s

Ive got the same problem as yourself, cant access 2 of my dayz.st servers.
So will be looking for a new hoster.

In the past I have tried dayzpriv, gave it up after 3 days.
The pings where just terrible, getting over 100ms for a UK server.

Where as I get 39 to 44ms on the dayz.st servers located in UK and Amsterdam.

I just did the same thing you are talking about. I bought a HFB server, but it is a pain trying to learn a new system. Setting spawn points on .st is so much easier, plus a lot of stuff on how to do things here and at the .st forums. I can't find anything on HFB forums, if there even is one.
If anyone knows where to find out how to do things on a HFB server let me know, and no there Knowledge base section suxs so do tell me to look there.

I would probably go for a dedicated server rather than a game server host. You will have guaranteed hardware and you won't have to share IP's so less likely for a DDOS unless someone really dislikes you.

I've heard good things about "ovh" servers. I currently have "nfo" servers and like them. Google them and do research before you pick one. It's a costly upgrade also a lot more work but worth the freedom.

I really love having my own dedicated server because I can do what I want on it and get test servers up when ever I need one. I also like it because I can install what ever mod I want on it and not have any restrictions. I've had servers with OVH and it was good. I had the SP32G and previously I've had SP16G.

Ive just taken out the 'DayZ Ultimate Package' with HFB servers.
Only took out the 30 slot server, just to see how it copes.

Then I will make a decision after its month is up.
To stay with HFB or DayZst

After this last update I went on to my dayZ.st server, and there was no zombies, and no loot. I am no longer a dayZ.st customer. Now if I can just learn how to do everything in the HFBServer I will be GOLDEN....

After this last update I went on to my dayZ.st server, and there was no zombies, and no loot. I am no longer a dayZ.st customer. Now if I can just learn how to do everything in the HFBServer I will be GOLDEN....

When you work out how to import scripts into HFB servers. Let me know as everytime I try, my server fails to let anyone download the mission file.

I was able to download the misson.pbo files with no problems. I just moved the dayZ.st misson files off my desktop and then using FileZilla downloaded the HFB files that I needed. I am working on code and map edit now, but I will let you know.

I was able to download the misson.pbo files with no problems. I just moved the dayZ.st misson files off my desktop and then using FileZilla downloaded the HFB files that I needed. I am working on code and map edit now, but I will let you know.

I done the same as yourself, downloaded the server & mission from HFB. Done the same with my modded dayz.st server & modded. Carried the mods over that I wanted to HSB, then re-upload. Now the HSB server just fails to start.

So far I have auto re-fuel working, Dome Protection, and my custom load outs all working, but when I try to roll back to 1.6.2 nothing will load. dayZ.st is a lot easier to use, but for the price of HFBServers I am going to learn how to get all my mods back in somehow. Right now it seems like it is just a update issue. I read that Rocket did the update to brake all the modded hives. He did a good job, but as bright as all the mod makers are someone will find a way to make changes for everything soon. I want my custom vehicles back. As an admin / owner it is really nice to be able to drive around in my private hive and help out in a BTR or an Apache.

For anyone that might come here, looking for help in deciding too, I'd recommend http://dayzpriv.com. They have a 3 day free trial, excellent support and they use DayCC for their control panel. Oh, and they are the current devs for DayzCC.

I done the same as yourself, downloaded the server & mission from HFB. Done the same with my modded dayz.st server & modded. Carried the mods over that I wanted to HSB, then re-upload. Now the HSB server just fails to start.
Not sure if you've remedied this, but you can't just copy everything directly over from one server prodivder to another. A few things need to be changed, mainly the "dayZ_instance" "dayzHiveRequest" and the corresponding values found in the init.sqf of your mission file. I believe there may be a few more values that need to be updated but hopefully someone else could help you with that as I'm not quite certain. Otherwise use that handy search button.

Well after a few days with HFBServers I got auto fuel, debug monitor, and Sarge working, but getting vehicles to spawn and uploaded my mission.biedi file to update HFB suxs. It also seems really lagging. I may see what dayzpriv looks like, but I think I looked at them once before. If there was a better way to control the admin part on HFB it might be ok.

For anyone that might come here, looking for help in deciding too, I'd recommend http://dayzpriv.com. They have a 3 day free trial, excellent support and they use DayCC for their control panel. Oh, and they are the current devs for DayzCC.

I too have had enough of Dayz.st more for the silly mistakes they make like using old server.pbo we ahd 3 days of tents not saving before they fixed it after i reported it to them, now today they have patched 1.7.7.1 and my members are reporting the same problem has now happened again !!

do these guys offer dayzpriv access to mission and server pbo ?

Back