Map additions server side.

Hello all, I must apologize if this topic has been covered, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

As we start adding map additions to our various servers, there seems to be an ongoing situation.

My mission files keep getting larger, and larger!! I was wondering if there was a way to but all of our

building additions server-side, instead of in the mission file.

Thank you so much!

basically go to the server.pbo or whatever and make a new folder called buildings... and then go to the server functions in the init folder and add lines like

call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\ChangeNAME.sqf";

They will call the files from there and start up on the server side so you dont have to download 2MB of buildings when you join your server :p

Wow, thank you LTG! I am going to try this now! A little off topic, but I also am trying to add my pic and game tracker info, any idea why it wont give me an option?

Go to profile and then go to Signature and then find your server on http://www.gametracker.com/servers/ and then once you find your server there is a thing called Game server banners... under a picture theres a link called Image & HTML Server Banners - Get Code click on it and then find the picture you want and then theres a tab above it called WebSite/Blog and Forum... make sure you copy and paste the forum html to your signature and then save

-dont use the html server link i gave you or else you will have my server as ur signature

Go to profile and then go to Signature and then find your server on http://www.gametracker.com/servers/ and then once you find your server there is a thing called Game server banners... under a picture theres a link called Image & HTML Server Banners - Get Code click on it and then find the picture you want and then theres a tab above it called WebSite/Blog and Forum... make sure you copy and paste the forum html to your signature and then save

-dont use the html server link i gave you or else you will have my server as ur signature
Thanks Ltg, your great!!! I guess the adding picture thing is down, it just keeps trying to load! Oh well thanks again.

Back