Map Editing Help

StoutsUrDaddy

Wasn't 100% sure where to ask this so forgive me if it's in the wrong place.

I want to add some custom buildings to Chernarus like the oil rig on Armaholics or something. I know how to add buildings and get them on my server using the 3D editor as I have added a lot of buildings already.

Just wondering if I add a building not typically in Arma or DayZ will my server players have to download any files to get on or will it be fine since the modded map is server side in the Mission PBO folder?

Thinks in advance for any answers.

Anything that comes out of an additional PBO on the server will require an additional PBO on the client. That may not be 100% for some scripted stuff -- I'm still new on some of this -- but I'm very certain you won't be able to include 3d assets that aren't already part of the client files.

Anything that comes out of an additional PBO on the server will require an additional PBO on the client. That may not be 100% for some scripted stuff -- I'm still new on some of this -- but I'm very certain you won't be able to include 3d assets that aren't already part of the client files.

That's what I was thinking, but like you, I am new to it so I wanted an answer before I attempted it. Thanks for the reply.

Back