Mining

BetterDeadThanZed

Valued Member!
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you can mine for rocks using the sledgehammer. I went to the Quary, held the sledgehammer over one of the rocks and the option to "Mine" popped up, indicating if I held the left mouse button, I could mine. When I do that, I get the circle with the white bar spinning, like you see just before you start an action (loading a magazine, opening a can etc) but I can't mine. If I need a pickaxe, why would the sledgehammer give me the "Mine" option?!

The mining action probably just isn't fully configured yet with all the proper animations and whatnot. It's very possible that if you check your client-side RPT file you'll see several script or engine errors where it's looking for paths to the associated animations or sounds or whatever it is that's causing it to not work like one would expect.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you can mine for rocks using the sledgehammer. I went to the Quary, held the sledgehammer over one of the rocks and the option to "Mine" popped up, indicating if I held the left mouse button, I could mine. When I do that, I get the circle with the white bar spinning, like you see just before you start an action (loading a magazine, opening a can etc) but I can't mine. If I need a pickaxe, why would the sledgehammer give me the "Mine" option?!

Someone I know that claims to be a former closed alpha tester said some sort of terraforming is coming. Perhaps placeholder.

Back