Mission Sided Crafting Menu 1.8.1

Create install guide for crafting menu

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've had the built in crafting menu that is in 1.8.1 mission sided to where I can add in my own crafting recipes. I've had it since 1.8.0.3 but have just kept it to myself for a while due to certain people wanting it and those certain people hacking my server repeatedly. If people would like me to make a guide on how to install it I will. I'll see how the poll goes and based on that I'll make a release.

Some of the recipes I have created just to show what can be done:
- Create bike.
- NVGs
- Rangefinders
- M9
- Ammo can be swapped between SD and standard

and several weapon variations can be upgraded to by having certain parts.

I know there is a scroll menu crafting system but I decided to go with the built in one.

Some of the bugs include animation getting stuck at end (walking or opening inventory fixes), Ammo swapping can refill magazines (haven't looked into seeing if its possible to check for partially used mags), and lastly creating your own recipes can be difficult if you're use similar items to another recipe.

Hey thanks for all the work you put into this. I only have one question, can this be used with Epoch?

Hey thanks for all the work you put into this. I only have one question, can this be used with Epoch?
I believe it would be possible. I think there is one thing missing to make it possible. In compiles you would add all the crafting files as in dayz vanilla. Add the configs to the description.ext. Then in dayz_spaceinterrupt add a key press to open the menu. Finally I think you need the base code for the actual dialog which is the RscDisplayCraftingMenu.hpp in the vanilla configs. It I believe is missing something that you would need to define but i believe all together it could be done.

EDIT**

I think this is the missing piece to helping getting it to work
Code:
class RscListNBox {
    style = 16;
    shadow = 2;
    color[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};
    colorText[] = {0.8784, 0.8471, 0.651, 1.0};
    colorScrollbar[] = {0.95, 0.95, 0.95, 1};
    colorSelect[] = {0.95, 0.95, 0.95, 1};
    colorSelect2[] = {0.95, 0.95, 0.95, 1};
    colorSelectBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
    colorSelectBackground2[] = {0.8784, 0.8471, 0.651, 1.0};

class ScrollBar {
        color[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.6};
        colorActive[] = {1, 1, 1, 1};
        colorDisabled[] = {1, 1, 1, 0.3};
        thumb = "\ca\ui\data\ui_scrollbar_thumb_ca.paa";
        arrowFull = "\ca\ui\data\ui_arrow_top_active_ca.paa";
        arrowEmpty = "\ca\ui\data\ui_arrow_top_ca.paa";
        border = "\ca\ui\data\ui_border_scroll_ca.paa";
    };
};

Last edited:
after tinkering with it for a little bit this is how far I got on an origins overpoch server
w5waXc8.jpg

I think the issue now is that its actually overlapping the workbench crafting epoch has.. so I'll give up for now.

I think the issue now is that its actually overlapping the workbench crafting epoch has.. so I'll give up for now.
Hey thanks so much for your responce, I really appreciate your time. Maybe someone with more experience than I can pick this idea up and run with it. It really would be a great mod for Epoch. Take care

Well epoch sort of has a crafting system already, and it does have some of the crafting files when I looked at it.

I think it is possible but renaming the files and changing some things would be necessary.

Updated main release page with 1.8.6.1 files as well as including a fix for the right click broken for logs/planks/wood pile.

Back