More Gyros Please - Shinkickers Digs Server

Andi

This may be just a server spawn setting (as opposed to a feature in the mod) but gyros are (understandably) pretty rare to find. Which in the 2017 situation I can understand.

That said, these vehicles are by far the most fun I have used in all of DayZ and two of my friends I play DayZ with (vanilla and 2017) think exactly the same thing. I was just wondering if their spawn number and locations could be increased a bit - so that more people can have a go at them and get a new perspective on the zombie wasteland five years after the outbreak.

I know some will say this is a bit unrealistic - which I do admit. But having a good number of these vehicles around increases the motivation to those who have collected all the good gear to continue playing DayZ 2017 - since they are so scary and fun to pilot (and pretty much unlike anything else seen in dayz so far). Plus I don't think using them gives you much of a benefit over other players since they are unarmed, un-armoured, loud, not simple to fly and can't be landed anywhere you like - it is just something really fun to do.

Also, increasing the number of gyros spawning means that we may start seeing "gyro crash sites" - ie. player created crash sites where someone landed badly and died - leaving all their gear for a sharp-eyed adventurer.

Finally, I know I mentioned this earlier - but I just wanted to flag it up again. On the air vehicle area of DayZ 2017 - I saw this Microlight (effectively a powered hanglider) mod for ARMA2 OA and though it would fit perfectly with the DayZ 2017 setting ( http ://w ww.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12562 ). So if in the future it was possible to get permission from the modder and implement it into DayZ 2017 I think it would really add to the game.

Anyway, love what you guys are doing with DayZ 2017 - keep up the excellent work :D

Back