New WIP Port, DayZ Nogova

NigeyUK

Hi Guys,

Time to announce Nogova for DayZ, still very much a WIP, but we hope to start public testing within the next couple of weeks, and a release by mid June.

Nogova is very much my idea of DayZ, sticking to the gameplay you would find on Chernarus, the idea of the project is mainly a "map change" and not an effort to unban as many vehicles / weapons as possible, if that is what you look for in a new map, you will not find it in Nogova. Some extra vehicles have been unbanned, wether or not they make it to the final release version will depend on feedback gathered through an open test.

Some stats for the map, which is being heavily worked on in Visitor 3 and not the 3d editor.

14x14km island with a desert area on the south west side of the island with many smaller islands off the coasts.
Over 20 villages / towns, all fully lootable.
at least 95% of buildings are enterable
1 Large airfield, roughly on the same scale as Chernarus, 6 hangars, fire station, barracks, and ATC
1 Smaller airfield on the far Northern island
All weapons , vehicles currently on the public hive will be available.
Capital city Lipany has tons of new building models, football pitch, garages, new supermarket.

Some screen shots (HQ Video will be posted soon)

rsz_arma2oa_2013-05-03_17-54-48-55.jpg

rsz_arma2oa_2013-05-03_21-20-02-80.jpg

NogovaMap.png

More updates and screenshots as we progress with the port, if you would be interested in testing the map please let me know by replying here, and please please do not ask for server files at this early stage, it simply will NOT happen.

And finally some thank you's

Thanks to Hotzenplotz and armaisland.info for allowing me to use the map and providing the full source files, and teamspeak support.

Special thanks to Seven, mmmyum, Sarge, Pwnz0r and everyone here on the opendayz forum who have helped me with some tricky issues with the code.

More updates soon, and soon the website dayznogova.info will be online aswell.

Nigel

I´d love to help test the map. Seems like an interesting island.

I currently have my own modded server running DayZ Epoch Chernarus and have previously had normal DayZ server and Wasteland server. All customized by myself. Been playing Dayz for over a year so I should know what to look for regarding bugs etc.

Back