No AI choppers

Zeromancer

As I can understand from other threads, there should be AI choppers flying with Sarges script.
But on my server I cant see any flying, only lots of crashed choppers. I can find lots of crash sites, though they despawn as soon as I get close to them, and they got no loot (though sometimes there's a dead soldier at the site with some loot).

Anyone know what's wrong? I've added the Sarge framework as shown in Tigers tutorial.

Ah ha!

Someone is having the same problem I'm having... and where is the FAQ's located?

Twice told to go there, but no link and can't seem to find it when google'd. :(

Zero, I'm on the hunt for an answer. If I find one I'll let you know.

The ONLY thing I see regarding this issue is with the "server_cleanup.fsm", which I don't see in my extracted pbo or when i ftp to my server and I don't see any instructions for installing/creating it.

I must be missing something?

The ONLY thing I see regarding this issue is with the "server_cleanup.fsm", which I don't see in my extracted pbo or when i ftp to my server and I don't see any instructions for installing/creating it.

I must be missing something?

server_cleanup.fsm is part of your dayz_server.pbo, in the 'system' folder

When I extract my pbo...

OH! *smacks head*

The server_cleanup.fsm is in the server.pbo not the mission.pbo!

Or at least I assume that's what you are referring to. I have to go check now.

I got the server_cleanup.fsm from the server.pbo... thank you for that.

In the class general_cleanup I do not see the exact line indicated in the SARGE instructions. In fact, the closest line to what is displayed is commented out. Makes it kinda easy, cuz I'll just add the line that is needed.

However, I do not understand what the cleanup file has to do with ai's flying heli's? I could understand if it cleans up the crash site. What the heck would this have to do with the ai's staying in the air?

I found the line I believe needs to be change. The instructions do not say this line or the other line... its implied.

Regardless, there are no more AI heli crashes at server reboot. However, I have not seen one yet either. This is promising tho and will keep you posted.

Back