No effect from SARGE AI installation :/

rickious

LINKS TO MY EDITED FILES AT BOTTOM

Please can you help, Im not getting anything from this amazing plugin.

Im on fully updated server and client, private hive (dayzpriv.com), server is using folders NOT .PBO, no other plugins installed, nothing edited in server config other than adding buildings and vehicles in database.

I initially followed the Tiger youtube tutorial and sadly installed the 1.1 version, then after testing with no results I found the 1.5, updated the init, overwrit the 3 folders in Chernarous/, re-tweaked the SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf so theres more spawns and 100% likelihood in cherno for testing.

Im not getting any AI, or anything on the map (if there is meant to be), although i get no errors of any kind either, all runs fine, no BE problems etc.

Im on a dayzpriv.com private hive, theres no pbo so i put the addons folder and edited description and init in ROOT/Chernarus/

The battleeye scripts.txt is nothing like the tutorial. All it contains is...
5 "[_this,\"players\"] execVM \"\ca\ui\scripts\dedicatedServerInterface.sqf\";"
So i didnt touch it.

I got mixed instruction on the init, and eventually opted to put this at the very bottom...
// UPSMON
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

// run SAR_AI
[] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";

// admintools
[] execVM "admintools\Activate.sqf";

// overwrite dayz code shit
if (isServer) then {

// SARGE event handler to save relocated buildings
"SAR_savebuilding"addPublicVariableEventHandler {(_this select 1) spawn SAR_save2hive};

// overwriting the Dayz teleport check
"atp" addPublicVariableEventHandler {};

};
But my init is also very different from the tutorials, for example the last line in my default init.sqf is...
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"

The description.ext and server_cleanup.fsm went exactly as per the tutorial/instructions. My server_cleanup.fsm was locatied in /ServerPBO/addons/dayz_server/system

Thats about all i tcan think to tell you.

HERE is a pastebin of my full init file
HERE is pastebin of full server_cleanup
HERE is pastebin of description.ext
HERE is pastebin of SAR_cfg_grps_chernarus.sqf

Would anything show in a log as to why it isnt working or is this something i have put in the wrong place or a typo?

Nobody? I gave plenty of info so hoping somebody can help.

Sarge? surely you can spot what im doing wrong right away with this?

rickious,

I have had a DayzPriv server for a few weeks now and love it except one thing..... I want Ai so bad.

We have been trying to install it with no luck.

Any and all help would be totally appreciated if you have the time.

That and I also need to figure out how to set up auto restarts with BEC but I can't seem to figure it out.

Your post gives me hope as it's the first relating to a dayzPriv server.

If you want feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance

I closed my server shortly after this as the co-owners lost interest. I got SARGE AI, heli patrols in a set area, AI patrols and fortifications in set areas, and turned off the random ones.

I made a 'Sector C' by walling in an island, adding fortifications, lots of military vehicles for stealing, added the large bridge that someone had made.

But I was new to DayZ then, and learned everything from scratch, and since I have moved on to coding an adventure game I am making, so 90% of it has gone out of my head. I will see if I backed up enough config/server files so I can upload them somewhere for people to use...

Back