Perma Zeds

Zeehond23

Valued Member!
Hi guys,

I have a dream. A dream of perma zombies that populate the server on restart so people don't get that "oh zombies there's a player" headsup.

This would be a (massive) FPS hog, so ideally it would be ran by a headless client. But even without, about 400 zombies should only have a max of 15fps drop.

I know mmmyum had a version of this running way back at 1.7.6.1, but he went silent many moons ago.
Thoughts? Suggestions?

Interesting. Looking quickly at the code -
dayz_maxGlobalZeds = 500; //Limit the total zeds server wide.

1) Z could spawn randomly when the server starts, but then players may never see them.
2) Z could still spawn on players, up to the MAX, but then don't despawn when players die/logout. You could eventually end up like #1 though, so maybe just have them on a timer or something.

One related comment - 1.8.8 vanilla removed Z spawns on the power lines.

there should be a way to get zombies spawning then, other then players triggering them. Also, doens't the player control zombie movement?

sure, you just have to decide how/where they are triggered. I don't know the intricacies, but they spawn on a player, are attracted to and chase players - I think you could say they are "attached" to a player since they will depsawn if the player leaves/dies.

Back