piggd Smelt Scrap Metal ver 2.0

It is adjustable in the sense that you can change the number of scrap metal. You have to recode it to change actual items.

Just wanna let you know u have the wrong references to windscreen and rotor scripts. Other than that. Everything is working after the correction. Thanks for the contributing!

Do you mean the filenames are wrong in the smelt dir referenced by the Self Action script? I cut and paste the name in the git archive from the Self Action to make sure they match now. If you can double check it I appreciate it.

im having a little problem with this script at the moment. I have got 6 soda cans in my main invantoy along with water and yet when i try and smelt at the fire it says i have 0/6 cans needed to make the scrap metal. Not tried for any of the others yet.

Have done a little testing and it all works ok however im unable to create scrap metal with soda cans. it works ok with tin cans. I have had a look at the script and think it could be because the name of the soda cans could be wrong.

It says in the script ItemSodaEmpty however the empty soda cans have a different name depending on what drink its from, either ItemSodaCokeEmpty, ItemSodaMdewEmpty or ItemSodaPepsiEmpty.

what needs changing to fix this? if it was just adding "coke" i could do that however there being 3 different names im not sure how to add that to a reference to 1 item.

Have done a little testing and it all works ok however im unable to create scrap metal with soda cans. it works ok with tin cans. I have had a look at the script and think it could be because the name of the soda cans could be wrong.

It says in the script ItemSodaEmpty however the empty soda cans have a different name depending on what drink its from, either ItemSodaCokeEmpty, ItemSodaMdewEmpty or ItemSodaPepsiEmpty.

what needs changing to fix this? if it was just adding "coke" i could do that however there being 3 different names im not sure how to add that to a reference to 1 item.

I can confirm only empty tin cans can be smelted as well.

even as an option to add:
4x "ItemTrashRazor" + 1x "PartWoodPile" ==> 1x "Quiver"
6x "ItemTrashToiletpaper" ==> 1x "PartWoodPile"

had some issues installing this from the github link and did some investigating.

This is all from the github link from the last commit.(April 27, 2013)

1. In every file in the smelt folder there is an extra }; at the end of the file which causes errors in the client's rpt file.
  2. In smelt\smelt_scrapmetal.sqf line 8 & 9 should be s_player_smelt_scrapmetal and not s_player_smelt.
  3. to fix the issue with empty Coke, Pepsi, and Mountain Dew cans. this is the modified file I changed to get to work. - http://pastebin.com/2TVSuNM0 - Changes listed below
  4. You can exploit this to get an extra water bottle if your using an non boiled water bottle. Pick any smelt options(with having the needed items) then quickly pick the 'boil water' option.

Changes to file in #3. (all line numbers are of the modified file)
  • Added lines 15 - 18.
  • modified line 20.
  • Added lines 67 - 87.
I also don't see the reason for the Boil Menu Fix change that you have in fn_selfActions.sqf. That will make the boil water option always visible whether you have the correct items or not in your inventory.

I updated the syntax errors in the git hub. Thanks for the catch. For some reason on the Lingor map the boil option is not working right with the standard code. I updated that so we could get the boil option which was not showing up.

I thing the issue with the soda cans is I am doing all my development and work on Lingor and Panthera maps. I do not have a Chernaus map to test on. I add some code to deal with the other Empty Soda Can types when I get a few minutes.

Back