pilot/driver blocks access to vehicles for others

Zeehond23

Valued Member!
Hi,

Yhis bug has been getting to me for quite some time. Sometimes a driver/pilot in a vehicle will stop others from being able to enter the vehicle. Now, this does not happen all the time, so it's a bit of a guess when this occurs. Sometimes after an hour or 2, sometimes right from restart.

Any ideas?

Hi,

Yhis bug has been getting to me for quite some time. Sometimes a driver/pilot in a vehicle will stop others from being able to enter the vehicle. Now, this does not happen all the time, so it's a bit of a guess when this occurs. Sometimes after an hour or 2, sometimes right from restart.

Any ideas?
I know this can happen if players have certain skins on that will like change that players side so players are unable to enter their vehicle since they aren't on the same side.

It'll happen if the humanity is very off from each other too (like a hero and a bandit). Sounds like the beginning of a DayZ joke doesn't it? "A hero and a bandit get into an SUV parked in a field..."

There's a couple of ways to deal with this as players. First sometimes the person in the car can move to gunner and the other will then be able to enter. The other is to enter the car at the same time (count it down in local voice, 3..2..1..Hop in).

I know this is old Zeehond but if I may chime in.. this is definitely caused by humanity. It is an old arma bug, and one of the primary reasons DZAI doesn't have friendly ai like SARGE did. Having friendly AI on the server meant that whenever you killed a friendly AI, you wouldn't be able to get in the car with your buddy who hadn't killed any friendly ai. Anyways, changing skins, getting in the vehicle in the correct order, timing everyone getting in exactly at the same time, or the person with the lowest humanity gets in last (I think)... get in the vehicle in order of humanity from highest to lowest.

Back