[Pointing Help] Roming AI

SchwEde

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Hey Guys,

can someone tell me which script could bring me patrolling AI.

I did see something on WAI, but not sure if its just standing NPCs or patrolling once.
DZAI already tried, but i dont like it that they hunt you down. i had homething like Sarge did with his AI, is there something out there?

Thanks

dzai is overly complicated now, but isnt the hunting you down part configurable?

i am working on a wasteland server for someone and had tgought of writing a simple,acriot that would run at server start and divide the map up into 1000m squares like sarge did. onactivation creates the ai group , deactivation deletes them. shouldnt be hard. the excellent patrol features of sarge are from the UPS script that seems,to,cause errors now. could probably use sarge and disable the ups maybe?

already on some testing with sarge.
Maybe i will get to something, but for now its just testing with old apples -.-

DZAI isnt an option, just because of reasons, i just cant get me to like it ^^

i stay with sarge and try to get this as simple and smooth as i can get it :)

Thanks for the help and hints

Maybe i could take WAI and simply add some sort of convoy mission with random waypoints, which will be new generated as soon as they get to it or get killed; just thinking out loud

i am not a dzai fan either for unknown reasons .. i always much prefered the sarge ai spawning multiple factions and having active ai battles.

right, same for me.
I installed Sarge now on the Server and will test the perfomance with the settings i've set. Maybe i will get my hands on the Headless Client and see what i can do with it. Never went really deep with it, but maybe its worth a shot.
Just need to find any updates on this topic and see how this thing is working. Should take a while ^^

right, same for me.
I installed Sarge now on the Server and will test the perfomance with the settings i've set. Maybe i will get my hands on the Headless Client and see what i can do with it. Never went really deep with it, but maybe its worth a shot.
Just need to find any updates on this topic and see how this thing is working. Should take a while ^^

With DZAI you can check the configs and edit ALOT of the AI and what they do.

With DZMS you can make static spawns.
Get the locations from the towns/place where you want ai.
Then choose what AI spawns there.

If you want some help, feel free to contact me.

To get 'roaming' AI I increased the patrol radius of the dynamic WAI and I set their behaviour to 'Careless'. That way they will walk and use the roads instead of running like madman all the time.

I've set different patrol distances for easy, normal, hard and extreme AI. I give the 'extreme' AI a small radius, so they'll guard the mission objective. The 'easy' AI I've set to patrol max. 1,5 KM around the missioncenter. I've also hidden the WAI missionmarkers, so I don't know where they are. And the AI doesn't know I'm there, so they are not 'hunting' me or anything. It's great to run into a patrol like that when you least expect it. Even better when they don't see me and I can ambush them :)

For me this is the best workaround to get roaming AI I could think off.

Back