Private LAN Server Ruined due to Steam 1.63 ARMA2-OA

Thoughtscape

Hi Guys,

I am having issues with a LAN Server I've set up. I originally set it up using 1.62 following this video:

Then updated it to 1.0.5.1 still on 1.62 of ARMA2-OA and it worked fine. It all came unstuck when Steam in it's infinite wisdom decided to change how everything was done in 1.63 of ARMA2-OA.

So, anyone know how to upgrade a LAN server [DayZ_Epoch] to work with steam v1.63 of ARMA2-OA? Tried this multiple times:

http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13442-how-to-new-steam-only-arma-update/

But to no avail. Copied ARMA2 Addons into server root folder, copied ARMA2-OA files over. Edited config.cfg and added 2300 and 2301 to port forward settings in router as per the above instructions. Saw many pages where they say copying ARMA2 Addons folder has fixed it but nothing is working for me. Worked fine on 1.62 but it looks like Steam has butt-hurt us again.

Error that I'm getting in the server console window:
11:51:59 Mission DayZ Epoch Napf read from directory.

In the game client it has a black screen with the Battleeye messages and my name flashing in red up the top right and Wait For Host in the middle of the screen. The client is the same one that was used previously to test and is on 1.63

Port forwarding is all setup and was working with previous configuration. Added ports as per above url. Firewalls are off for testing purposes so its not that.

Any tips? The LAN server was supposed to be a test bed for live server implementations but now thanks to Steam I can't even get that working when it used to run perfectly fun on 1.62 NON steam version.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and my gratitude will be in the form of much beer.

Cheers.

Mick.

Forget I said anything. I had already created the server once before but it must have had something funky going on. I recreated it from scratch again just then and leaving the port settings and the new steam settings in the config.cfg etc and it all is working fine so those instructions do actually work but I recommend a freshly made clean 1.0.5.1 dayz epoch server.

Now to get all the scripts working!

Back