Problem with running server on Linux

This sounds like the same problem I had with the most recent version of the Bliss HiveExt.dll after ayan merged the latest upstream changes.

I was able to get my server running by reverting back to the previous HiveExt.dll version I had that was working (Attached). I don't know what impact this will have on the server, I haven't found any ill effects but ymmv.

Ayan suggested that any problems might be resolved by running the recommended beta patch version.
 

Attachments

Ive gotten dayz to run on debian squeeze with the latest compiled source of wine. My problem is how can i launch the server to a display that i can connect to and disconnect from at a later time so i dont have to be connected to my server 24/7, so far the only way i can launch is if i have display routed to an actual display

also im not using playonlinux
 
@Wannab007
Read a setup guide for a vncserver...
Once setup

Its just simply

Start a vncserver
I am using tightvncserver
Code:
tightvncserver -geometry 1024x768 :1

Code:
export DISPLAY=localhost:1
<insert however u launch arma server>

export line is basicly to tell wine to use display localhost:1
Which is were tightvnserver is running on..

-------------------
-------------------
To login into server remotely, i use ssh tunnelling (for security).
So login via ssh & then connect to desktop using vnc client.

This way the whole setup runs headless, don't forget to be nice and add a sleep command after launching a vncserver & starting wine :P
 
Back
Top