Project Introduction

shinkicker

Administrator
Staff member
cUnTUUi.jpg

Background
After the collapse of Europe's unified currency in 2021, the country of Greece went from economic uncertainty to complete anarchy. With no funds for social care and the key services of Police, Army and Healthcare, society collapsed leaving every man, woman and child to fend for themselves.

After three long months of complete sociatial meltdown , the Army who had since become self governed, removed what was left of the former government in a swift and easily achieved Military coup. Since that day, partial law and order was established, but it was done so with the tools of brutality and violence.

The generals of the Greek Army decided that instead of trying to assist the populace through social welfare programs, to address the now rampant levels of poverty and disease, they instead decided to implement a plan to mass sedate the nation using powerful anti-psychotic drugs coupled with constant Pavlovian conditioning.

The island of Altis was chosen as the region for the research. Civilians selected from the main land were placed under extreme stress, medicated and observed over CCTV by the psychiatrists in charge of the program. The results would then be applied throughout the rest of the country. The end goal would be a complete nationwide eugenics program.

Two months into the trial, the situation on the main land deteriorated again with rioting and unrest. The small amount of Military left deployed to Altis lost control and retreated to a few of the islands outposts, leaving the inhabitants of island in a situation of total disorder, depravity and desperation.
It became every man for himself. Eventually a small amount of order came from out of the chaos and the islands inhabitants started to form into small groups and factions to provide security and share resources. Others continued as they had before by killing without remorse, devoid of any moral framework at all.

What the game will actually be about?

While working on 2017 A3, I have also starting another new project. It will be MP based, and works heavily around factions of real players with military based AI situated at the various military sites. Each player starts off neutral and then gets decide which faction to align with (or not to if they wish). It will be persistent sandbox, but no Zombies in this one. I intend to embark from the DayZ model this time.

I will let onto more shortly, when I get stuff working.

Anticipated release date: I expect around Christmas, as I have a lot going on in my day to day life.

Just food for thought so to speak... "starving masses" would be a good added play mechanic that is similar to the threat zombies show but not zombies.

No offense mate, but I had never heard of your sever before and this mod also has nothing to do with DayZ. Its closer to wasteland then dayz. I am even wondering if it should even have a section on here.
Why not, GoT wasteland had a spot why not Dystopia?

So is it a mod like @Dystopia or is it a mission like wasteland?

Its a full mod, with new content, so there will be a @Dystopia

I would have liked to have kept it to just a mission as its easier for players, but I like doing my own texturing , modeling.

But I am going to try and keep all the config files server side if I can, so server admins can tweak and change as they please.

Just finished coding a new loot system from scratch:

Some (A3) problems with elevation, but the core function is working well now

VJoeSvf.jpg

8AdQqEU.jpg

Back