Public Server Tutorial

Redseven

Hi guys! I'm new here, so sorry if i'm not posting this in the right place.
So, i have this problem: I'm an admin in a public hive server and i try to manage the server the best that i know. Problem is that there's a huge lack of info ( most info is about private hive) about how to manage a public hive server, what can you do, what options can you enable, how to do it...
So i'm asking someone who knows: Please explain us:
1 How to change the hour (already know that, but maybe not all of you guys know it)
2 How to enable Debug monitor
3 What personalization can we bring to the server ( starting image, new weapons, new vehicles if possible...
4 How to ban people
5 How to unban
6 Why the crashed choppers spawn with no loot
and more...
Feel free to put in all the info that you have because Admins need it. Let's make Dayz comunnity bigger with good servers . Thanks guys!

You're pretty much restricted on what you can/can't do on public hives :(
I know you can't change starting loot but other restrictions you would need to contact the Dayzmod team, rumours are though that they are ignoring most support requests as they are planning for the SA

You might be forced to go private, it will at least give you all the powers and options you want.

Thanks mate! How can i go private? I need to rent another server or i can just change this one? :) i have no idea.

That would depend on your host :)
Do you rent one from a games host or did you setup a dedi server yourself ?

Sorry for the late response.
I rented one server from Verthosting. Can i setup my own server all by myself? I read something about it, but i'm not sure. If yes, will i need a good pc? :) Thanks!

I've looked on Verthostings website and they do offer private hives :)
Submit a ticket and tell them you want to change from a public hive to a private hive, depending on how they do things it could mean a fresh start for everyone, you could always note down what equipment/vehicles your regulars have and replace it when you have the new setup ? It's optional of couse but should prevent moaning.

Back