Public/Shared Assets?

Nonov Urbizniz

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Staff member
So I know Armaholic is a great resource as well... but I thought maybe opendayz should have a section where map porters/modders are allowed to post what assets from their game they want to share...

I know we (Sahrani Devs) plan on sharing basically anything anyone wants.

I also know a couple of the guys on our team have reached out to various other porters and all gotten great reception...

So why not make a sticky here or even an individual section for shared: Weapons / Skins / Vehicles / Scripts...

I know I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to see i44 Weapons in Sahrani.. not only but peppered in here and there... I think it would make for such a more realistic canvas for all of us...

AND I think we all know that any dev team can basically re-do w'ever feature or asset they want anyway.....

Thoughts?

We got pretty far into but did not complete a project for a dedicated installer that puts launchers on your desktop... I think this is a better method than actually using 3rd party launchers....

It's actually looking very slick, we could make it a pretty easy thing for other new maps to just quickly mod it for their files, load a few screengrabs and a .ico file and it will dump a launcher to the desktop...

Here's a preview of one of the versions (again this project got kind of dropped since our coding guys time is best spent elsewhere right now)...

Installer_zps9638236b.jpg

We left it where it was MUCH cleaner looking than that already but again there was 16-20hrs worth of work left in getting all the kinks out so we decided to focus efforts elsewhere.

and it would dump this on your desktop:

Capture_zps5f632061.jpg

It was setup for pointing to DL mirrors too... so it could be a very useful distribution tool for startup maps... AND really get rid of the problems with the 3rd party apps crashing in the background while in game, having updates that break their ability to launch the game etc etc etc...

Back