PUPSYS DayZ 2017 - 2.0 - Hardcore - AI BANDITS (Veteran|3D:ON|CH:OFF) UTC-6

denpes

PUPSYS DayZ 2017 - 2.0 - HARDCORE SURVIVAL - AI BANDITS (Mercenary|3D:OFF|CH:OFF) UTC-5
currently offline

- Default start gear, changed to default Mercenary difficulty
- removed cows, goats and sheep.
- Probability on heavier rain and wind.
- 2017 bandits (configured all their values to 90 percent or more).
- full moon nights.

Bandits are from Sarge . Thanks.

Hi denpes,

I tried out your server over the last few days and finally came across some bandits. Well, actually, I didn't see them as much as heard them shooting at me A LOT.

At one point, the bandits were pretty close. From the sound of the gunfire, at least one had a shotgun and another an assault rifle. The zombies around me did not appear to react to the gunfire, so I was wondering if that was the way it is or if I might have misjudged it.

Also, are the trees useful cover from the bandits? There was a copse of trees between my target building and the bandit 'base'. I had crawled into the building through the trees and continued crawling through the building when they began to shoot. At first, I thought that some zombies may have roamed into their space, but later when the zombies did not appear to react to the gun fire, I began to think they were firing at me the entire time.

I think the bandit idea is a good one if done properly. The moment I heard the first shot, things definitely felt more real. I don't mind 'strong' AI...heck, setting up some roaming bandits with weak weapons and AI might be fun too, but if they don't have to worry about the same dangers as the players, it begins to feel less immersive and a bit cheap.

Fixed ai.

@RedDog
I have increased the quality of AI from 50 to around 90 till 100 percent now. AI was kinda weak. And doubled the spawn.
When you heard the shots, they where probably shooting at zombies. (zombies won't attack AI, so they have a certain advantage)

trees do not protect you from ai, but like in regular arma/dayz, trees sometimes magically cover you from bullets.

DayZ2017 is supposed to feel more realistic than vanilla DayZ. It doesn't add to the fun if the AI bandits are not affected by zombies and cover. Good try though.

DayZ2017 is supposed to feel more realistic than vanilla DayZ. It doesn't add to the fun if the AI bandits are not affected by zombies and cover. Good try though.

Allright, fair enough. If you prefer a clean dayz 2017, then this server will probably not be your thing.

Edit: if zombies would attack AI, you would probably have an easier time, since they would attract them, and then you could loot (also their bodies) for free ;)

Back