question about unit placing

Sharkking

Valued Member!
Hi Sarge,

i played a bit with a replacement of the DayZOrigins AI with Sarge. Unfortunately i was not able to specify eg sniper locations on roofs because it seems the hight parameter in the coord definition seems to be ignored. Am i doing something wrong there or isn´t it possible.

Hi mate,

given that my logic chooses a random position in an area (although you can get pretty close to exact positioning by having a very small area), you are right. The height position gets ignored atm.

I have a working test version here where i optimized the fortify functionality, which fills a building from top to bottom. Have some bugs to fix, but might make an in-between-release this weekend.

Sarge

sharkking, I've noticed, randomly my AI are spawning ontop of buildings which you cant get up onto from the ground, they must be randomly spawning there from the static area's specified.

My example is the apartment buildings at sector B, some of my AI spawn on the ground and some spawn on apartment block itself, I cant choose whether its a sniper or rifleman etc. But I guess if you set a separate group with same co-ords, with 1 leader, 1/2 snipers, you may have luck.

And by the way, these co-ords are the ones you created.

so basically if I place a marker on a roof, and spawn them in with a 1-1 square, they'd spawn a top of the building?
I mean if it's a building that is non-enterable?

And: What would be a preferred stance if I want them to stay there, but shoot at people. e.g. fortify or ambush?

Back