Question

Yuuyori

Lately I've been adding in different mods / editing the loot table / trader tables on my DayZ Epoch Server
[Amnesia's Custom Hive ]

and there are a few things I want to do, but have been having issues with.

I tried to add in some buildings, at first just some large h-barriers around Stary trade post [just for looks i have godmode ]

and, a random house near the elektro train station that has an interior just as a test.

However whenever I tried to log into the game it kept telling me "dayz content can't be played/edited content etc rmod etc.

Basically it tells me it relies on content that has been deleted by Rmor and i can't play or download anything.

How would I go about fixing that? Previously before adding any modifications into my server I had a custom airfield etc. Now I'm completely unable to add in more buildings and such.

My other question is:

Is there a link someone can send me [after] to add custom loot into those buildings? For ex: add a barracks on airfield = milit spawn items.

If you are getting
You cannot play or edit this mission, it is dependant on a mod(s) that have been deleted: RMod

That means you have RMod enabled somewhere on your server files and dont have it installed on your client. Rmod 1.0 is already installed by default into Epoch, and no settings in your panel or server files have to be enabled for this to work.

How are you trying to add the buildings?

I was using the 3d editor in game, and converting them here; http://dayz.codeit.org.ua/parser.php
then adding the files into the mission.sqm.

Also yes that is the message I received, I have DayZST has a host and previously they had a button for "enable Rmod", but as of lately the button has been gone so I can not enable / disable Rmod.

You need to open your mission.sqm and make sure under addOns at the top RMod isn't listed.

Also adding buildings is easy to do without using any sort of parser.

After you save your creations in the editor and you navigate to the folder in your documents, open the sqf file in there and copy out all the vehicles. They look like this:
Code:
_vehicle_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
_this = createVehicle ["Land_Ind_Timbers", [4254.3887, 10755.609], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehicle_0 = _this;
_this setPos [4254.3887, 10755.609];
};

Make sure to leave anything that isn't an added building.

Then just put them in their own sqf file and put the sqf file in your server.pbo.
Then open server.pbo > init > server_functions.sqf

And at the very bottom point to your new sqf like so:
Code:
// Custom Buildings
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\scriptname.sqf";

It keeps all the building code on the serverside keeping your mission.pbo small, which is nice for people like me who have huge mission pbos already.

I just tried the method you wrote above, but it wasn't showing any buildings, there were no error messages. I copied all vehicle files ovre and named it; then in the server.pbo I added in the line you mentioned; however nothing appears as mentioned. Is there something else I'm supposed to add in the SQF file for the buildings?

OK example time,
get this https://www.dropbox.com/s/eimd15ugorkuwyv/U Fix It Base

and you will notice at the top it has

Code:
activateAddons [
  "map_eu"
];

activateAddons ["map_eu"];
initAmbientLife;

_this = createCenter west;
_center_0 = _this;

_group_0 = createGroup _center_0;

_unit_0 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = _group_0 createUnit ["US_Soldier_AA_EP1", [12591.218, 4341.106], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _unit_0 = _this;
  _this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
  if (true) then {_group_0 selectLeader _this;};
  if (true) then {selectPlayer _this;};
  if (true) then {setPlayable _this;};
};
That at the top, what you need to do, is replace that crap with
Code:
if (isServer) then {
And at the bottom of that file, it has
Code:
processInitCommands;
runInitScript;
finishMissionInit;
replace that with
Code:
};

And that all goes into a custom folder in the root of your server pbo,

I have mine in MapsAddons.

Then in your Init folder in your server pbo, go into your server_functions.sqf and add
Code:
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\yourfoldername\filename.sqf";
To the bottom of that file,
repack your pbo and restart your server.

That should cover it all, well that's how I do mine anyway

Bags

Not to sound rude or anything ; but that's exactly what I did and it isn't working for me. Obviously enough I should have to replace "yourfoldername\filename.sqf" with - "MapAddons\elek_stary.sqf" , but sadly it isn't loading anythign even though I did it exactly as followed it's rather strange.

post the addon you want to put in, and I'll have a look at it...use dropbox or another fileshare, it makes it easier to get/read, and also show me the section of code in your server_functions.sqf mate...

I'll have a quick look

Bags

cant access anything on that link mate, soz

are you using capitals in one and not the other, maybe... I've seen that screw things up before

Nothing there I can see wrong..........
Umm..... yeah not sure why that wouldn't work for you...
Sorry I couldn't be much more help there... It works for my server

Bags

Nothing there I can see wrong..........
Umm..... yeah not sure why that wouldn't work for you...
Sorry I couldn't be much more help there... It works for my server

Bags

Well thanks for attempting to help either way; I'll try to figure it out I had it working once it's possible that my \ \ \ \ file extension isn't working properly.

Back