Reality/DayZMod 1.8/Hive Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevisad

Staff member
During the past few months, I have been working on another project and it has take a large portion of my time. For those interested, you may see the project here. As part of this project, we decided to dump the old Bliss database that Reality was based on and make a new hive system. We wanted some of the features of Bliss in the new system; however, we wanted to get rid of the 999 calls that make Bliss so insecure. I have been ripping the old Bliss hive apart and working with the hive that Official DayZMod uses.

As part of the upgrade to DayZ Mod 1.8, I will be moving Reality to the new hive system that we have re-engineered. The new hive will have all of the features of Official, with the best features of Bliss hive built in. There will be no 999 calls, removing that insecure feature that causes so many issues. In it's place are new hard coded hive calls which will handle all of the requirements of Reality. You will see a few updates over the course of the next couple of days as we move into the new system. This update will address some additional bugs that we have seen in the old Reality hive. The biggest one having to do with players using new versions of Arma or Arma x with letters in the ID.

I do understand that people use the 999 calls to pull database queries that are not supported by the hive. I will not support any feature that uses a 999 call; however, you may contact me to request a new feature be added to the hive in replacement of this call. Since this will affect every server that uses it, great consideration will need to be taken to ensure that it will work for everyone concerned.

The server code has been updated, currently it is defaulting to the old hive version. The new hive has been added, but all the scripts and such still use the old format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back