[Release] Fred's Zombie Bait (WIP)

Freaking Fred

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Fred's Zombie Bait help ad discussion is welcomed here...

Very cool. I've thought about this but haven't had time to implement anything, great work dude.

Really nice idea Fred thanks for sharing

Looks awesome, keep up the good work Fred!

Very Awesome!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Did you think the tutorial was thorough enough and easy to follow? Has anyone tested this on their server yet? Also, I just remembered that there is an exception that has to be added to the createvehicle.txt. I will update the original post now.

[Edit] Added "Step 8" to installation instructions for the createvehicle exception.

So its basically just a glorified smoke grenade? Pass.

As stated in the title of the thread, this is only a WIP. I plan to develop more on this idea and release more content as I go. For example, being able to booby trap the bait with a grenade to kill a large number of zombies at once. Also, during my testing, zombie bait seemed to hold the zombie's attention much better than a smoke grenade.

On a side note, comments like yours are the reason why many people keep their creations to themselves. I spent hours of my time developing this script and testing it. Not to mention, the time I spent making a detailed tutorial for installation. Constructive criticism is always welcome but your sarcasm isn't.

No " ;) " or " JK " yea looked like a negative comment.

Anyways, Freakn' AWESOME idea. I always wanted to make something like "throw bloodbag" script, but I just don't have the time anymore. This maybe could have a "throw" action to it in the future? Good stuff man!

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Did you think the tutorial was thorough enough and easy to follow? Has anyone tested this on their server yet? Also, I just remembered that there is an exception that has to be added to the createvehicle.txt. I will update the original post now.

[Edit] Added "Step 8" to installation instructions for the createvehicle exception.

will be adding this asap. hopefully my antihack isnt going to kill me over this like usual.

I just successfully got a script working that allows a player to build a Zombie Pulse Generator that sends out deadly pulse waves and kills any zombie that enters a 20m radius of the device, haha. It is fun to use in conjunction with the Zombie Bait. I am going to add some sounds and polish it off tomorrow. Expect a release by tomorrow evening.

P.S. Special thanks to mmmyum for helping me fix the loop in my script and ALKINDA for helping me test it out.

I just successfully got a script working that allows a player to build a Zombie Pulse Generator that sends out deadly pulse waves and kills any zombie that enters a 20m radius of the device, haha. It is fun to use in conjunction with the Zombie Bait. I am going to add some sounds and polish it off tomorrow. Expect a release by tomorrow evening.

P.S. Special thanks to mmmyum for helping me fix the loop in my script and ALKINDA for helping me test it out.

Will give this a go once you release the pulse wave generator :D

It wasn't sarcasm it was humor.

Then you got a weird sense of humor then. So weird in fact, it might be a good idea to keep that sort of humor bottled up.

Fred has good idea's, excellent instructions, and personally does installation support...why screw that up?

Thanks for the script Fred. Haven't tested it yet, but very cool idea!

Seriously, you're still posting more comments here? Pull your head up and just walk away. It was a negative comment, even if it was sarcastic, totally unneeded.

guys... this isnt a fighting or even a chatting forum. you just wasted the first page with BULLSHIT. DELETE YOUR DAMN COMMENTS! We dont need to see your bickering here to fix a script. thanks for your input but it isnt needed.

Thanks! There is more to come very soon. I only have about 2 months of scripting under my belt but thanks to the help from many other scripters on these forums, I am learning something new on a daily basis. Expect bigger and better things to come.

Why you tease you ;)

Is this something that can be built in basebuilding? A zombie sheild generator would be a great addition to a base.

Back