Remote MySQL Access

beowolfschaefer

Staff member
I would like to display player stats for my users on my web server but I run it on different hardware than my dayz server. I had my provider open up port 3306 on the dayz box but I do not seem to be able to access it remotely.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong or what I need to change about my config to allow this? I'm running Bliss with MySQL 5.5.

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I think the issue is that I need to bind the server to an external IP but I'm not sure how to do this.

I would like to display player stats for my users on my web server but I run it on different hardware than my dayz server. I had my provider open up port 3306 on the dayz box but I do not seem to be able to access it remotely.

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong or what I need to change about my config to allow this? I'm running Bliss with MySQL 5.5.

Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: I think the issue is that I need to bind the server to an external IP but I'm not sure how to do this.

lol, nevermind, my host opened up the firewall port on their network but I just needed to open up the Windows firewall on the actual machine. Seems to work now.

make sure you only allow the remote ip of your webserver. running global access accounts on mysql is a nono security wise :) mysql is still just PTA (Plain Text auth)

Back