Request for 1.8

BBS||DeadEye

Request: Turn down the Rain probability and the amount of temperature loss when raining.

This particular new feature is one of the most disliked Features.
I personaly like that the map is cold in general and that it is raining but the subjective feeling is that it is to much of it.
It seems like that its raining forever like about 20 of 24 hours.
And if you spawn in wilderness you have to run to the nearest city - its almost impossible to get there without getting sick.
We now have added that players spawn with 2 Heatpacks and 1 Antiobiotic however this is also not enough if there is nothing spawning at the hospital etc..

What do you think about this?

I want a complete change.
Celle is a town in Germany and not a weapon amory like in 1.7.5.1

Why they are RU police/military Zombies? Where are the german police/military?
Whats with German weapons? (except G36)

I think, i try to make a own Celle mod...

A factor that I wasn't aware of was that in Winter (default is early feb) the chance to rain seems to be much higher. I've made changes to the dynamic weather (no rain when snowing - V2.0) and made rain a little more event like. Fire, Vehicles, Buildings & Hazmats beat Rain, but I'm unsure of how to make sure players know the changes. A covered Vehicle will be at the V2.0 Boneyard too.

V1.8 has a heat-pack in the starting load-out, rain no longer occurs at night and rain received a %10 Nerf. The three hospitals (Bergen, Dorfmark and the west place I always forget) work properly. In addition The radius a player spawns in has been reduced, you spawn much closer to civilization.

Heatpacks have recieved a small drop rate increase and a couple of alternatives are being considered for V2.0, namely a rain coat (bright yellow, but does offer rain protection) and/or another consumable that increases your temperature over time, so it's almost like a rain "vaccine".

Hospitals work in V1.8, it was a very small V1.7.5.1 Dayz_code oversight that broke it and I do apologize for that. Hospitals also spawn the "rain-proof" Hazmats.

For V2.0 - A new way to survive is being considered in the form of "building" shelter. This is completely unconfirmed as I may simply not have the time to do it.

I want a complete change.
Celle is a town in Germany and not a weapon amory like in 1.7.5.1

Why they are RU police/military Zombies? Where are the german police/military?
Whats with German weapons? (except G36)

I think, i try to make a own Celle mod...

I don't have any exclusive rights to Dayz Celle, you are more then welcome to either contribute to this (I've been asking if anyone is interested in helping for months :p) or make up your own. Hopefully you are familiar with Taviana and what Hick's has to go through so you'll think carefully before whatever descions are made :p Two maps creates more issues then it solves usually. I'm very flexible and only want Celle to be the best map possible, any dev work done by others is always very, very welcome!

A few things about germany and Dayz Celle:

Germany share's a border with the Czech Republic, a former Soviet Nation. The hammer and sickle isn't used by Russia anymore, so they aren't RU soldiers. It is very reasonable that bordering czech republic would've had presence in this dystopia. Many European armies use AK's, the same as many non-German armies use H&K weapons.

Most of the new guns are either US made or German.
The G36 is German, but I believe you are forgetting several German weapons that were added. Nearly 100 variants added were German, including:
HK Mp5 (including the 5-6 sub-types of Mp5)
USP pistols
KH Mp7
UMP .45
p-2000
Scar-AK (adopted by the soviets but designed in Germany)

The other inclusions are from America & Britian. Both armies maintain a military presence in Germany and operate bases out of Germany, some are actually very close to Celle. Germany, Britain and the US are also NATO members and many German-NATO soldiers use NATO weapons and munitions.

As for it being a weapon armory I'm not %100 sure what the implication is. The stats I found about German Gun owners is "The rate of private gun ownership in Germany is 30.3firearms per 100 people". Given %98 of the population is gone, it would put the ratio of private guns to people at 15:1. Germany is ranked no.4 for in the world for guns per capita (private owners) as it stands and is ahead of Russia by a significant amount.

The main reason for the weapons as they are is simple availiablity. Robert Hammer was extremely generous in allowing me to use all the RH weapons.

The choice is different to what people think. most people think the choice I make is: Do I create and work on a HKMp5 or a Scar mk16? Obviously I should make the Mp5 as this is a German map. If only this was the type of decision!!!

The divisions the map makers have is different. The weapon is already made, it's a question of, do I include the Mk16 or not? If I do include it, how can I make it realistic. The V1.8 crashes hopefully will alleviate some of the realism concerns you have.

I hope both of you find those answers helpful!

Wow what an answer! :D
Well as for me, I was only whining about to much rain :p You see, I didnt notice that those Weather changes were based on Reallife compared Data. Because I think when you play a game you notice some things differntly. If you want to make a player beleave its winter, make it snow. Most Players are dumb and like me most of them were only noticing that its rains more and the temp drops faster. But they, and me, did not see any reason why and to be honest I would never have guessed that you even had intendet to change this behavior (except for tuning of course) based on the current season of year :D

As for me as an Server owner, this fact is also a bit strange you know, because I set the date deliberately on summer because of the long nights. (I wantet to have a full moon only server) Now the logic conflicts with the map logic because of course its ok for much rain at day, if the days are short who cares :p

I for my side am satisified with you answer!

Back