Sahrani and why i cant love it!

DBravo

its like any other map! its big and beautiful; but there is no game in it. at least with epoch you have some kind of interaction. i know i know you want it to be nitty gritty, however, ITS NOT. the dev team is beating a dead horse, a magnificent horse. i honestly think they believe that roaming the world and smoking other players is the coup de grace, ITS NOT. there is no ai, no traders, no nothing. if you want a death match on a spectacular map, its for you. otherwise wait for epoch sahrani.

p.s. whats the point!

Uhm... what? Tell me what of the things you listed is in vanilla dayz? Ok, maybe the Ai because of the last update... but think of 1.7.6.1 (before they fucked everything up). What exactly was in there? No ai, no trader, no nothing....oh wait it's ok for chernarus... nc

You want ai? You want protected bases? Join one of the modified server... One like mine but if you just a whiny man i don't really need you.

J3T, and YES Sahrani is WAY BETTER than any other map i've played on... and i played around 80% of all avaible mods/maps out there (even TimZ).

PS:
...,no nothing.
Double negativ results into positve.

*edit* And just for the protocol: Traders sucks! Srlsy? Youve give them something (gold i think) and you spawn you a car? Realistic in a simulation? Why shall we do that?

Thanks for the input :) Glad you don't like it. Our design has nothing to do with the kiddies game play DayZ has become. Enjoy Epoch.

Greetings,
Thanks DBravo for checking out Epoch and some of the game-play options it provides, we're glad you've enjoyed it thus far and value your support throughout the project. But please keep in mind everyone has their own visions and direction they want their project to go; that being said...these projects really shouldn't be compared.

I personally enjoy the high-risk/high-reward ideology that older versions of vanilla DayZ provided so I probably would really dig what you guys are doing with Sahrani. What kind of additional features and incentive are you guys including in Sahrani? As I understand you're not just re-vamping the map but employing it as a mod; I'm intrigued and would love to give it a shot when it's available.

its like any other map! its big and beautiful; but there is no game in it. at least with epoch you have some kind of interaction. i know i know you want it to be nitty gritty, however, ITS NOT. the dev team is beating a dead horse, a magnificent horse. i honestly think they believe that roaming the world and smoking other players is the coup de grace, ITS NOT. there is no ai, no traders, no nothing. if you want a death match on a spectacular map, its for you. otherwise wait for epoch sahrani.

p.s. whats the point!

Not sure where you get the nitty gritty bit, or exactly what dead horse we're beating? We were the first mod with crafting, we are the first mod to allow you to drink from wells/water sources w/o a Canteen. We Let women wear ghillie's and unbanned like 15 guns.

We made the zombies more plentiful and endlessly present to discourage PVP, and will continue to add mechanics and features that add LOTS of interesting gameplay modes and motivations for players... but that all takes time.

I'm not sure why you feel as though we owe you anything, or that you have some sort of knowledge of what our plans are long term. Or how you think distracting the dev team from work to address retarded posts like this is helpful, but they all seem to follow a central theme of you being a childish moron.

As stated in the other thread, it's based entirely on your own assumptions and not facts, if you knew the plans we had for AI and our mod long term you would be VERY excited. But until we have more people working on it, it's going to remain LONG TERM.

Trading posts would not make sense in our mod long term, our story would not jive with survivors having established trading posts.

I want to apologize to Nonov and to Seven and team. I am the one missing the point at the moment. I had no idea the scope of what you want to accomplish. They deserve respect and courtesy, i just showed them none of that, I'm sorry. Keep on keeping on.

This shall be a reminder to me to put up or shut up. Thanks for putting me in my place fellas. We all need this feedback at some point or another. double negative into a positive was a good one.

Back