Sarge AI and 1.7.7

b4r0n

hey guys,
i just wanted to know if there might be some problems with the upcoming release of dayz 1.7.7.
maybe sarge has already the newest version and can say something about this.

i really love these npcs and they became an essential part of my server, so if there might be problems i would consider updating later.

tia

Im having problems with my server with sarge and 1.7.7. My server is PW protected and it keeps kicking for incorrectPW, but not other players. Other players get kicked for script violation "0"

I've upgraded to 1.5.2 of Sarge's AI and it's not working right. I have AI helos hovering in the air and AI ground troops just standing there, not moving.

my server is 177 and it works fine with sarge AI,by the way,i found that the skin of a bandit leader had been changed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sarge AI is working with 1.7.7 without any problems. If you see helis hovering in the air, you usually spawn them in too small areas. ground troops only stand still in certain conditions, and these are wanted (like e.g. they split out in a circle around the leader).

Before stating something doesnt work, check your rpt and your debug levels, and see what the issue is.

Sarge

Sarge AI is working with 1.7.7 without any problems. If you see helis hovering in the air, you usually spawn them in too small areas. ground troops only stand still in certain conditions, and these are wanted (like e.g. they split out in a circle around the leader).

Before stating something doesnt work, check your rpt and your debug levels, and see what the issue is.

Sarge

I've been running the AI script for months, so I know how they normally act and I know how to configure the script, so I will go through all the settings again when I have time and try to figure it out. BTW - The helo patrols are configured exactly as they come with the script. The only thing I changed was what side was flying them.

thats weird. mine fly as they should, but i am going to recheck. Do you have any errors / weird things in your rpt?

cheers, Sarge

Sarge,

I don't have any errors. However, the heli spawns just fall and crash. The vehicle spawns with no ai in them. All ground troops work great....

Sarge,

I don't have any errors. However, the heli spawns just fall and crash. The vehicle spawns with no ai in them. All ground troops work great....
maybe it's caused by “kill a hacker” issue. looking for it in F&Qs in the instructions

Sarge,

That was the problem. I guess if I follow you directions the first time I wouldn't have had this issue! :) Thanks for the great mod! It makes the server a lot more fun to play on.... Thanks again...

Idk what my problem is, im not getting anything at all on chernarus... ive gone through the install about a dozen times today. Are there any mods that interfere with it?

Idk what my problem is, im not getting anything at all on chernarus... ive gone through the install about a dozen times today. Are there any mods that interfere with it?

It seems the install instructions are a little outdated. You can't put the init.sqf changes at the bottom of the init.sqf file anymore. I put it under progressLoadingScreen 1.0;. Of course, when I did that, it worked, but the server kept killing me as a hacker, so I had to remove it again.

It seems the install instructions are a little outdated. You can't put the init.sqf changes at the bottom of the init.sqf file anymore. I put it under progressLoadingScreen 1.0;. Of course, when I did that, it worked, but the server kept killing me as a hacker, so I had to remove it again.

I HAD that problem with the constant killing yesterday...but i just tried calling those sqfs first this morning and it's working just fine now, I don't run BE tho. The ai are kinda derpy tho, it's funny to watch

If I remove the part about killing a hacker, I don't get killed, but then the believe are blown up. Hopefully 1.7.7.2 and the new version of the AI will fix these issues.

1.7.7.2 and the latest version of AI has nothing to do with your problem.

There's lots of people out there running Sarge AI 1.5.2 on 1.7.7.1 without any issues.

Adjust your server_cleanup correctly, put the starting sequence for SARGE AI in the right place (at the bottom STILL is the best place), and validate your rpt if anything goes wrong to UNDERSTAND what goes wrong.

Sarge

see the only problems i'm having is getting the heli patrols..everything else is working fine, and frankly quite hilarious

only guy in cherno - "who's in cherno?"
only guy in cherno - "omg im being shot at!"
only guy in cherno - "wtf they're everywhere!"
me - "go re-read the server name...| SargeAI|"

as far as the helis go....

_heli = createVehicle [(SAR_heli_type call SAR_f>
21:25:25 Error position: <createVehicle [(SAR_heli_type call SAR_f>
21:25:25 Error Type Any, expected Number
21:25:25 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\addons\SARGE\SAR_setup_AI_patrol_heli.sqf, line 109
21:25:25 Error in expression <le ["SAR_protect",true,true];
i don't understand what's going on here

Back