SARGE & DayZ Overwatch

Since Overwatch 0.2.2 and 0.2.3 I cannot get the A.I. working 100 percent. The problem I am encountering is the A.I. Heli Patrols always explode at server startup.

For whatever reason, the changes to the server_cleanup.fsm are not permitting the helicopters.

Has anyone else encountered this or found a solution? (Yes, I did have it working back in 0.2.0 and 0.2.1)

i had this problem to as soon as server restart they all crashed haha i just removed all the helis.
infact i just have a static ai base at devils

I had problems with Sarge AI after the patch 1.9 and I would advise using DZAI will work much better for you.

I have not tried this on Overwatch yet though

Okay, I managed to fix the problem with the AI helis exploding. The code wasn't the problem. The problem lies with how Overwatch is packaged. You have the dayz_server as a .pbo as an uncompressed directory. In both the pbo and direcotry, they only have the $PREFIX$ file present. You will need to create the $PBOPREFIX$ file as well. Enter the same information that is in the $PREFIX$ file. Next, package up your dayz_server directory into a pbo and overwrite the original dayz_server.pbo. After doing this, the modified code in server_cleanup.sqf is now read correctly and the helis no longer explode.

EDIT: This is working in 0.2.3

Haven't been able to get this working either.

As soon as I add the edits to the description.ext, and I start the server, the server starts fine, but as soon as we join the server, it crashes with this error:

Code:
Config : some input after EndOfFile.

Remove that edit, and server is playable again.
Not sure what is wrong.

Fixed it.
You can't put the description.ext edit on the last line.
Put it up a little further in the file and works fine.

Had to apply the above heli fix too.

Haven't been able to get this working either.

As soon as I add the edits to the description.ext, and I start the server, the server starts fine, but as soon as we join the server, it crashes with this error:

Code:
Config : some input after EndOfFile.

Remove that edit, and server is playable again.
Not sure what is wrong.

I have the same problem waiting for a solution。

I have the same problem waiting for a solution。

You can't put:

Code:
#include "addons\SARGE\SAR_define.hpp"

at the bottom of the description.ext.
This causes the server to crashes.

Look for:

Code:
// logo watermark

and insert the line BEFORE this line and save/restart your server.

The server runs and AI works, but we still see at times on the odd restart, where the AI appear invisable.
Not often, but it happens.

Too bad support seems to be non existant here for this.

Back