Self Blood Script on

DJ_Edyo

Hello Everyone!

Names Edd, im new in this vast comunity that is opendayz and new also as a Server Admin,
(i have started to host a couple of days ago using Pwnozor's server Version 1.8/Beta 103718)
I have started to learn how to mod sqf files and do someting as a custom server loading screen for example.

I have found out a how to add default gear in this general thread forum http://opendayz.net/threads/how-to-customize-the-starting-gear-loadout-no-custom-dayz_code-req.8670/

Using This Methods is Not replacing all geat but aving to add some dose it closse enuf :) (just wanted to add a map anyway)

But Now Here is My New Problem.. Doe anyone here know how to setup a self-blood bag script working over Pownozor's server version around here whit instructions on how to do it ? :eek:

Yeah ive seen this tread but i dont see anywaire if its compatblie whit Pwnozor server files ? :/

+ ive already started a game and dont want to loose any of the charaters or vehicule data..will this change affect saves on hive or sql ? (not sure exactly where saves for players and server are)

You won't loose anything or overwrite you db data in any way (always back up your client and server files before installing anything so you can revert back easily). Just try, if it doesn't work it doesn't work.

noticed also that my init.sqf file is not having teh line mentioned loadscrenn 1.0 : or somting like that.. :/ this is odd

look into the #include directories in your mission pbo ... look for them in the dayz code , put them inside the
mission pbo but keep both files just rename the new something like init2.sqf and in that file is the loadingscreen thing ... there you can load the scripts... i should be more specific but ive been trying to code my own mission pbo all day and this new 1.8 is bullshit , F..K DEAN HALL he dont want the people to modify his mod.... absurd .. f... him.

@hertizch: Il upload my server structure tongiht after my work ;)

@sk827015: im not sure exactly what your talking about but ill heck in the code pbo have a look at it, and p.s im not shure that this dude dont want his version moded... After all this guy has been a fine obe to already sinply give to us lol his server files ! :p

Hi all

Got it working last night, and as luck would have it with the 10 percent chance of getting infected, I did, haha

Everywhere I search I see people talking about a mission.pbo file, which I don't have, so decided to edit the init.sqf in the MPMissions\dayz_1.Chernarus folder, and that works. Is this the same thing?

<server folder path> is the directory where your server is. Where the ARMA II and ARMA II Operation Arrowhead is merged to create the server.

Here is what I did:

1)
Edit:
<server folder path>\MPMissions\dayz_1.Chernarus\init.sqf

Added this line at the bottom:

fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\fn_selfActions.sqf";

2)
Create folder:
<server folder path>\MPMissions\dayz_1.Chernarus\Scripts

3)
Put the player_selfbloodbag.sqf file in:

4)
Extract (Copy) with a PBO manager:
<server folder path>\@Dayz\Addons\dayz_code.pbo\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf
To here:

So you will have these two files in your Scripts directory:
player_selfbloodbag.sqf
fn_selfActions.sqf

5)
Edit:
<server folder path>\MPMissions\dayz_1.Chernarus\Scripts\fn_selfActions.sqf

Just before the line "//Grab Flare" add the Krixes Self Bloodbag script lines. These are found in the fn_selfActions.sqf that you get from the download. Not sure if I may post the lines here?

Start the server, and after spawning in the option should be available in a few seconds when scrolling.

Hope it works for you!

you can download my pack and have look around the files.
hopefully it will help you to understand some of the scripts.

Hello there. In case you haven't figured it out yet. Took me a while aswell, since im also rather new here.

1. Get cpbo I'd suggest if you haven't already. Run it one time.
2. Now double-click your @day\addons\dayz_code.pbo to unpack it.
- remember to delete the folder later
- with that tool you only need to rightclick on the folders to create a pbo
- found that easier than others
3. Go into the created folder - @Dayz\Addons\dayz_code\system\mission - there you will find the servers init.sqf.
4. Open it with notepad, word or whatever and copy all of the code.
5. Go to your mission pbo - Server\MPMissions\dayz_1.Chernarus - or whatever yours is called.
6. Open your init.sqf there and edit the line saying
Code:
#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\init.sqf"
to
Code:
//#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\mission\init.sqf"
7. Paste the servers init.sqf conent into your init.sqf
8. Do whatever changes you need to make to the init.sqf and save it

I think when the people created their tutorials the mod was structured differently. You might have to do the same thing with some other files to use certain scripts or change settings - variables.sqf is a good example. Just remember to point to your copied file in your mission pbo folder inside your new init.sqf.

In your init.sqf change line
Code:
//call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\variables.sqf";                //Initilize the Variables (IMPORTANT: Must happen very early)
to something like
Code:
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Custom\variables.sqf";

Now you can change server settings like zombie spawn rate and whatnot and actually have them change things ingame. Hope this helps other new people. You can do that with any file from your dayz_code.pbo if you want changes on the server, you just have to also change paths in other files that relate to it.
The only downside of doing this is that players connecting to your server will download a larger mission file. But I guess anything in the 1-2 megabyte range is ok for most.

Happy editing.
XN

Last edited:
Back