"Server menu" script for DayZ. Interested?

ZedBuster

Valued Member!
Hi all.

======= EDIT =======
The script that is being described in this post has been posted here!
Link: http://opendayz.net/threads/dayz-server-menu-by-it07.17926/
NEW link: http://adf.ly/18BJdv
Unfortunately, the full post about my script in the releases section just does not get allowed so I hope that still enough people read this so they can still get the script.
==================

Recently, I have been doing some scripting so I made an awesome script that works perfectly on my own server.
What it does: adds scroll menu called "Server menu" to the player's action menu.
If they click it, a sub menu will show where they can click any option like "Server rules"
or "Server support" or "Server info".
When they click one of them, it will spawn dynamictext on their screen showing the info corresponding to the thing they clicked.

the script will run in fn_selfactions in the mission file.

I was wondering if anyone is interested in this.
If so, I will post it. The script also includes my server credits script :)

(Link posted above)

Best regards,
ZedBuster.

Last edited:
Ok well this amount of replies in only a short time spend pretty much indicates that it will be useful if I post it. If I have posted it, link will be here too.

Zed, could you post this somewhere else so we can access it before the weekend? I also am quite interested in this as the BS factor of a public server is causing me to seriously consider going whitelisted. If I had a place like this to instantly refer someone to then it would ease enforcement of server rules. I have a feeling this will be extremely popular server mod.

Thanks for posting this. I will add it to our server today. I think it will be very usefull for providing server rules, website information, and so forth.

Hey ZedBuster i looked at your website and really like it, what did u use to create that? just html?

I am a website coder myself. I do it as a hobby. I coded it only using good ol' CSS and pure HTML.
Wrote it myself, no noob designer tools used.

awesome im trying to get my website up and running bout to use wordpress for the mainsite and got our forums running through smf if u can give me better ideas lemme know! AbsolutionDayZ.com

Oh And thanks for that cool script im using ur other script with the credits! just awesome!

Back