Server Setup. I must be missing something.

Serene Storm

Ok, first off sorry for being Noob about this. I had Chenarous running on my server with Pwnoz0rs server files. working. installed Sahrani and it worked. BUT no vehicles were spawning and gear was random never could get it changed. So I deleted everything ALL FILES. and dropped the database from MySQL. then I followed these steps.

• Through steam I downloaded arma2, OA, and dayz.
  • Ran first launches with both arma2 and OA.
  • Copied all Sahrani files.
  • Created DB of dayz_sara in mysql and ran provided SQL. noticed that the included SQL stated DB of "USE dayzsahrani". changed it to my DB of dayz_sara.
  • Changed both hiveEXT and config to match my DB and my passwords.
  • GOT Errors. then I copied content of ARMA2 folder into OA folder. NO errors.
  • Created launch BAT file. changed data to match DB.
Now when I run the launcher. It starts no errors. BUT now its not loading the MOD, its just loading into OA mission selection.
Server Setup. AMD Hex core 8Gig Ram sittin on Server 2012 Essentials.
But like I said it was running vanilla and had those little problems.
What am I doing wrong.. any help would be extremely appreciated.

Yes i have. I got it working but with problems. Now the problem is that after i start the server. it doesnt start the mod. i have to login as admin to start it. then it will run. but ofcourse if all players leave the server, mission ends. thus having to restart the game server. its like the mod isnt kicking in from the launcher. i had to change the launcher to not throw errors. it had problems with the spaces in the lines. here is what i have . it does throw a warning about passwords in batch files but continues.

echo off
CHDIR C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin\

mysql.exe --user=dayz --password=mypassword --host=localhost --port=3306 --database=dayz_sara --execute="call pMain()"

CHDIR H:\ServerFolders\DAYZ Private Server\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

start Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" "-nosplash" "-cpuCount=4" "-name=Sara" "-profiles=dayz_1.sara" "-cfg=dayz_1.sara\basic.cfg" "-config=dayz_1.sara\config_1234567.cfg" "-mod=@DayZ_Sahrani;@Hive-Sara" "-world=sara" "-port=2402"

Got it working. Now trying to rid script errors on heli crash deaths. and then on to getting addons working. then finnaly addin all the nice custom vehicles and guns in.

i didnt see anything about changing the
"-config=dayz_1.sara\config_12345678" needing to be changed to match the cfg file in the dayz_1.sara folder.
but duh.. ofcourse as usual something i over looked.

Back