Server stuck on "Creating" until Players join?

Dark9986

Hey!

I dont know if this is the right subforum to post in, so if not - feel free to move it to where it belongs. ;)

Now i´ll get to my question:
(Please excuse my "noobness", i dont really have a clue about servers, settings and stuff and only want to get an clear answer)

Had a discussion with an server admin yesterday, about his server getting stuck on "Creating" without people joining it.
This fucks up the restart cycle and is no "good first impression" (Restart = Serverrestart-Time + 4h) for people who want to join.

The server stays on the "Creating"-Status all the time, not goes to Setting Up, Briefing, Playing as usual.
If you join the server, the timeout ticks down from 90 secs, then it goes to playing.
If you leave the server before that, the counter resets to 90 secs again - so basically the servers are not running until someone joins them and waits for this.

I asked him about this and he replied every DayZ Server is working like this, to save ressources.
As i haven´t seen this in my ~ 1 year of playin DayZ, i replied this and he answered i could google this and ask everyone about it - because every server would work like that.

So i´ll do now as he said - could you tell me if this is normal and every server works like this?

Greetings,

Dark

Every Arma server works this way.

With regard to the restarts, have you tried battle eye extended controls? Works regardless of if the mission has been read or not.

Another thing to note is - If the mission hasn't run, why restart it?

Im no admin, so i cant try out anything, only point the admins towards it ;)

Thing is, it starts, but only with at least 1 player online.

So a server is NOT able to get from CREATING to PLAYING without a player joining?
Another source told me it should start the mission to PLAYING after a certain time, depending on server host performance.

Whats right now?

Note: Fixed restarts are better in my opinion, many people are joining after a recent restart and everyone knows when restarts are - even if they couldnt pay attention to warning messages etc.

Back