Signing pbo files

I have been trying to sign the PBO files which I have edited. In the past I have used PBO manager v1.4. I have found that it doesn't seem to save the pbos correctly as when opened with pbo viewer it says this is not an arma pbo. I have edited some of the pbos and when I try to sign them I get a "can not find hash". So I used pbo view and cpbo to unpack and pack in various combinations. It does not give me the error again however when the game is launched I get a series of missing file errors including dayz_logo_ca all in the dayz_code.pbo which I edited. Do I need to download a clean file, make my edits, and repack all with either cpob or pbo view?

I went ahead and made my edits with a clean @Dayz folder. As soon as I sign my pbo files it spits the dayz_logo_ca error at me. This time I disabled signature checking, it let me play however spawned me in debug as a bird. This does NOT occur when I use pbo files which are not signed.

So I recall seeing $PREFIX$ after one of my old edited pbo files. I do not remember which program I had been using but each way failed in the end. Does this need to be an edited txt file? Does it need to contain anything?

So each pbo needs to have $PBOPREFIX$ which has a txt file which contains z\addons\dayz_server. My dayz_server is a pbo and not a folder. Does the extension need to be removed? I would assume since I remember the $PREFIX$ I saw did not have a file association.

My misunderstanding, my googlefu confused me. In each pbo I need the pboprefix to lead to the pbo. So if my files are D:\serverfolder\@MOD\addons it needs to say z\addons\dayz_code? Should there be a .pbo at the end of dayz_code?

So I recall seeing $PREFIX$ after one of my old edited pbo files. I do not remember which program I had been using but each way failed in the end. Does this need to be an edited txt file? Does it need to contain anything?

use cpbo. Name it $PBOPREFIX$ edit that and make type

z\addons\dayz_code

for the dayz_code.pbo

I am running into another issue now. I signed all the files, I dropped them into my @MOD/addons. I included in them a folder called keys and included the bikey. I also put it just in the addons folder. I did the same for my server @MOD expect included the privatekey in both addons and key folder. It gives me an error when I join that the pbo files are not signed by a key accepted by this server.

Wow, there is a Key folder in the arma 2 oa server directory. I put both my bikey and privatebikey in that folder. I have included the bikey in the client @MOD folders and it seems to work. Please verify that this is correct just in case I did something else to make this work.

I get past the signature check however I am getting object dayz\objects\proxy_man.p3d. This is happening server side as I see it coming up in the status window for the server. I unpacked, checked the prefix and repacked. $PBOPREFIX$. Still gives me the error. This only is occuring when I unpack the pbo files so I can change the prefix and sign the files.

I get past the signature check however I am getting object dayz\objects\proxy_man.p3d. This is happening server side as I see it coming up in the status window for the server. I unpacked, checked the prefix and repacked. $PBOPREFIX$. Still gives me the error. This only is occuring when I unpack the pbo files so I can change the prefix and sign the files.

What did you use to pack it?

Back