"something went wrong" ..... Its driving me nuts.... Please help!

2gunz

Hi all.

I keep getting this "something went wrong, disconnect and try again" error, when people attempt to join the server. If you just wait long enough you eventually will get into the server.

This error doesn't happen all the time. Mostly it starts to happen after 40 ish people .....or so I thought... Lately Im starting to think that has to do with server uptime. The longer the server runs the more likely people will start getting this error.

Ive also seen this happen on other servers..... so Im not alone.

I have googled over and over and come up with very little reverent material.
Hundreds of hits, maybe thousands, that are client related, but very little in the way of server side information.

ANY hints or clues on this would be AWESOME.

Im really at my wits end and out of things to try and places to look.

Thanks for your time.​

Same here on dayz.st usually over 35. I always thought it was arma but a guy in #dayzst said its a server issue. Have you tried cleaning up your database? Seemed to help a little.

Yup. It happens and nothing we can do about it.

They have two choices

1) Esc, Esc, open map and wait
2) reconnect from lobby

Yesterday I ran a clean up i saw on the forums here that deletes old profiles that have not joined in over a month. Also deleted all dead survivors. Seemed to help a lot. Had 48/50 and did not get the error. Could have been a freak occurrence. Will post if today is the same results.

I clean up my DB regularly now and it still does this to all my connections when full. The increase to 60 from 40 I would not recommend either.

My best solution was to add to the load screen to hit esc twice and wait it out.

Been working with blaine on this one quite a bit. Seems to be linked to arma and the spamming of the rpt logs. Its a posted/known bug on the arma 2 wiki/bug fix section and has been for awhile. Seems they repeat that it will be fixed in each build and each build its still there.

I went through and commented out a LOT of "DIAG_LOG" lines as a test to see if this helps and it does help a litte. But I still have many people that experience the something went wrong after a while.

I have changed the bandwidth settings and now the problem is pretty much gone.

Anybody with a populated server 40+ players with no issues willing to share their basic.cfg file?

I went through and commented out a LOT of "DIAG_LOG" lines as a test to see if this helps and it does help a litte. But I still have many people that experience the something went wrong after a while.

I have changed the bandwidth settings and now the problem is pretty much gone.

Anybody with a populated server 40+ players with no issues willing to share their basic.cfg file?

Can you guys share what and where you changed them?

The funny thing about this, is that when I bitched and moaned to R4Z0R49 about this problem he neglected the fact that this is a DayZ issue we're all having ever since 1.7.6.1 (and even 1.7.5.1 possibly, don't remember).

What seemed to improve this is optimizing my basic.cfg.

The new DayZ update will address some issues that may be related to this, but I don't think this will be fixed. The way I see it now is that you need Dual Xeons with 32GB of RAM and SSD's to run a DayZ server with no issues. This drove me nuts until I got fed up and stopped caring about it.

Short update on this.

Changing the priority of the process to "high" seems to have helped (odd since it had plenty of CPU left *shrug*)

Ive also been noodling with the bandwidth settings to some success.

At this point it to a dull roar and Im at the point where its just a "dayz thing".

Hi, i administrate a server that working well... until Yesterday... the server go offline for several minutes, when come back most of the players can connect normaly, but a few can´t. The error that gets is: something went wrong disconnect and try again, and then go to a black screen. I read the posts and i see that this error is because the server overloading. But if i restart the server the problem should be solved??? I ask this because i restart several times the server and some players still have the problem.

Back