Spawn locations on Taviana.com

MTUCKER0

alot of my players are complaining of people camping the spawns
why is it that you only spawn on east island
and how do i change this

Currently you only spawn in the south of the eastern island to mimic the "washed up on shore" feel of Chernarus.

We're actively reviewing potential changes or optional switches for this internally for the 3.0 release.

Can you please just let us know how to change this on the server side?

I'd hate to wait until a new release to change these spawn points as I have players complaining daily about it and really don't want to lose my players.

We switched from .eu as well because we didn't like the direction they are going, but I'd hope you guys could be open with us server owners to make changes like this on our own if they're pretty straight-forward.

Thanks.

I've asked for some patience while we investigate and discuss this internally, even going so far as to being involved in a private thread with you, cen.

No one is being ignored, and we're not being closed on this. Just be patient.

I understand that you want to discuss it internally with your team and I respect that but even if your team decides to make a change going forward and implement it into taviana 3.0 that is still a week+ out from release and add to that the time it takes for server hosts to update the maps tack on another week easily.

All I'm asking for is an answer as to how easily it is done in the server/mission pbo files and if it's possible for us to do on our own without messing up your development roadmap.

If it's very difficult to do just say so and it is what it is.

If it's as easy as adding a new Item class and giving worldspace coords to it, then that would be nice to know as well.

Thanks.

Hicks
this is what i dont like cen and i have both asked a question a very simple question and we are given the run around
i personally dont like people who do this
answer the question, dont answer the question, just please dont answer it the way you did

No one is getting the run around. I've made it very clear I am investigating this, and requested you be patient.

ok lets strart all over

how do i change the player spawn points on my server ?

I'm guessing he has better things to do then spoon feed you basic map editing... GOOGLE can explain how you add or mod. spawn points, and testing can tell you you did it right...

I don't get people who want to do this stuff but want all the info to be dumped on their lap... it's literally sitting JUST BEHIND the "search" button if you put together a decent group of words like...

"DayZ Mod" "Spawn locations"

I have tried changing the spawn points myself with my limited capability but for some reason i seem to spawn back at one of the new positions a lot more than the others i have added. I understand it is random but from say 12 spawn times i could spawn at one place maybe 9 times and the remaining 3 at alternate locations. I also found that i could not change the respawn west and center locations othewise i'd always spawn at debug volcano.

Like i say i have limited capability and i have read enough tutorials to have this sorted now and i am sure on other maps it would work but for some reason Taviana's spawn points always involve problems around debug volcano for me. I guess i will just wait patiently and hope Hicks and his dev team will maybe offer some more spawn points for those that do not like the way it is now or point me in the right direction so i could learn by my mistakes.

Thanks
:)

Quick update, we've begun modifying the spawn region frequencies, and increasing spawn locations between Bylov, and Sabina Lakeside.

You can use this mission to both place the spawn points and simulate and view (on the map) 500 random spawns for each of the five spawn markers:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9fn663j8puannv/testspawnpoints.tavi.zip?m

To use it:

• Extract it into your ARMA missions folder (where all the missions you've done in the editor live), or use the command line to launch the mission editor directly with this mission,
  • Load ARMA with only the @tavi map, not DayZ (if you don't have @tavi you can just move the dayz_*.pbo out of the way of your @Taviana folder).
  • Switch to markers in the editor,
  • Move the spawn0, spawn1, spawn2, spawn3 and spawn4 markers to define the centre of the spawn area. When DayZ spawns you in it picks one of these markers randomly to use and then searches for an area near it.
  • Move the center marker to define the centre of the helicopter crash sites.
  • Hit "Preview".
  • Hit "M" to bring up the map and observe your simulated spawns.
  • Once you're happy with it, save the mission and then copy the markers section (only) out to your own mission file.

The 500 samples are usually enough to give you a very good idea of where all the possible spawn locations are. You'll probably then discover how difficult it is to find good ones with the default DayZ spawn system and Taviana's geography. ;)

By the way, the initial spawn points in this mission are the ones for Taviana 3.0, not for 2.0; they already cover a wider area.

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this for us Ian :) I have modified the spawns myself now and will be testing them out on our server as i type. Here are our new spawn points to start off with to see how things go, i have not altered the heli crashes though.;)

10d5klg.jpg

You can use this mission to both place the spawn points and simulate and view (on the map) 500 random spawns for each of the five spawn markers:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9fn663j8puannv/testspawnpoints.tavi.zip?m

To use it:

• Extract it into your ARMA missions folder (where all the missions you've done in the editor live), or use the command line to launch the mission editor directly with this mission,
  • Load ARMA with only the @tavi map, not DayZ (if you don't have @tavi you can just move the dayz_*.pbo out of the way of your @Taviana folder).
  • Switch to markers in the editor,
  • Move the spawn0, spawn1, spawn2, spawn3 and spawn4 markers to define the centre of the spawn area. When DayZ spawns you in it picks one of these markers randomly to use and then searches for an area near it.
  • Move the center marker to define the centre of the helicopter crash sites.
  • Hit "Preview".
  • Hit "M" to bring up the map and observe your simulated spawns.
  • Once you're happy with it, save the mission and then copy the markers section (only) out to your own mission file.
The 500 samples are usually enough to give you a very good idea of where all the possible spawn locations are. You'll probably then discover how difficult it is to find good ones with the default DayZ spawn system and Taviana's geography. ;)

By the way, the initial spawn points in this mission are the ones for Taviana 3.0, not for 2.0; they already cover a wider area.

This sounds awesome, as I've been struggling for some time looking for an easy way to adjust player spawns. However, I'm not able to load this mission. It's in the folder with my other mission files and the editor is able to see and load them just fine. This one simply won't show up on the list. Here's my steps:
1. Open DayZCommander and load into my Taviana server.
2. Abort and get back to the main Arma menu.
3. Verify that @Taviana is running and not @dayz.
4. Alt-E, then Load.
It's just not there. Help?

Edit: I got it by using Command Line, didn't know about the difference between 3D/2D editor.

Hey guys have been trying for awhile to get the spawns mission open on the arma2 oa editor and it just doesnt want to open for me what commandline could i use to open it or is there another easier way to do it. Cheers

Back