Stash Boobytrap

Not exactly. I'm referring the the new mediumstash and smallstash that's part of the update. Since deployable ammo crates are gone, I'm using the stash in their stead.

I have side mission at Devils Castle with bandit Ai. I added mediumstash and smallstash in different parts of the castle grounds. I would like to boobytrap one so when a player opens it, boom goes the dynamite.

Probably not possible, but I figured it was worth the ask.

you could do that but it would be easier just to have it so when a player opens it they drop dead. OMG you should put a crate on a cliff and call it drop dead point.

you could do that but it would be easier just to have it so when a player opens it they drop dead. OMG you should put a crate on a cliff and call it drop dead point.

lol...I was thinking explosion because maybe more than 1 person is at the stash...plus the drama of an explosion.

Plus, it seems realistic to me. Dummy stash thats booby trapped serves as a warning sign as well as a security measure.

If I was a bandit, that's what I would do.

So you want someone to be able to go up to a stash and scroll and click "set boobytrap" and only that player can set disable the trap. Then when a player comes alone to loot the stash as soon as the player selects "gear" they get blown up?

I imagine this would be possible, maybe not with the exsplosion but maybe with an area of death? Maybe a modification of sarges Zed Nuker set to only be triggered when opening the gear of it...hmmm

I might look at this tomorrow. Wonder if I could set it to spawn a Medium or SmallStash on placement. I think my only issue would perhaps be the actual trigger for it. As in getting it to explode when the gear option is used

EDIT: If I could figure that last part out, it would be as simple as adding a sleep to it to get it to go off as they are browsing or in the vicinity ^.^

Look at the code for the booby trap in base building 1.2 that could give you most of the answers.

So you want someone to be able to go up to a stash and scroll and click "set boobytrap" and only that player can set disable the trap. Then when a player comes alone to loot the stash as soon as the player selects "gear" they get blown up?

Sure, that would be great. One problem though...what would be the ingredients needed to build a booby trap that's realistic? Pipebombs are banned right? I've never seen one, but I see they were banned in the BE filter or something. So can't use that. Ok, I got it...3 idea's.

1) Satchel charge. That would be a badass. I can see the youtube video's already.
2) Combination of like 20 flares, 10 ammo clips or 5 HE rounds, 1 toilet paper, and 1 whiskey bottle.
3) Grenades.

I think 1 and 3 makes the most sense. 2 is a bit of a Macgyver type construction. I just realized, you guys probably aren't part of the Macgyver generation.

Sure, that would be great. One problem though...what would be the ingredients needed to build a booby trap that's realistic? Pipebombs are banned right? I've never seen one, but I see they were banned in the BE filter or something. So can't use that. Ok, I got it...3 idea's.

1) Satchel charge. That would be a badass. I can see the youtube video's already.
2) Combination of like 20 flares, 10 ammo clips or 5 HE rounds, 1 toilet paper, and 1 whiskey bottle.
3) Grenades.

I think 1 and 3 makes the most sense. 2 is a bit of a Macgyver type construction. I just realized, you guys probably aren't part of the Macgyver generation.

I am currently trying to configure this to require an entrenching tool, a pile of wood, and a hand grenade. I have the detonation trigger set as a humanity variable right now because that seemed the easiest way to do it, as i've configured in theory if you have less than 0 humanity and walk nearby it SHOULD make it go boom. Bandit Booby Trap. I am just currently having issues getting the scroll wheel option appearing as I seem to have messed up my fn_selfActions. Been trying to debug it for awhile, finally just asked a pro for some help and he pointed me to a possible error.

I am currently trying to configure this to require an entrenching tool, a pile of wood, and a hand grenade. I have the detonation trigger set as a humanity variable right now because that seemed the easiest way to do it, as i've configured in theory if you have less than 0 humanity and walk nearby it SHOULD make it go boom. Bandit Booby Trap. I am just currently having issues getting the scroll wheel option appearing as I seem to have messed up my fn_selfActions. Been trying to debug it for awhile, finally just asked a pro for some help and he pointed me to a possible error.

fixed my fn_selfActions. Got the scroll option now. just need to make the script actually blow up. atm it just deletes the stash...

Quick update on script : It works as intended minus the exsplosion. I can't get it to explode and actually deal damage

Back