[Suggestion] Namalsk Blowouts

I play on an Epoch Namalsk server that has blowouts enabled along with most other DayZ Namalsk features. Yesterday we were discussing how good it'd be if the blowouts disabled the heli patrols that were in the air at the time. Mainly as we were under attack several times from them whilst running for cover and throughout the blowout itself.

Could this be made possible? Would be great either if the heli NPCs fell out unconscious then woke up with less blood, or if they passed out and remained in the falling heli.

Thinking about it, could the blowouts take an effect on the ground patrols too, giving them the same experience as players?

Thanks either way

Namalsk uses AllUnits select _c; to get the units list and then apply damage to them (but not for Dayz)

Maybe you could use the same code and possibly isPlayer to get AI units and then damage them.

I haven't done work specifically for Namalsk in a long while. Do any of you know where the files concerning the blowout events are located?

ns_modules.pbo > blowout > module (freecell is an anytime call I believe)
The init gets linked from the init.sqf, and then its a back and forth between the two files using global variables.

Thanks, I'll take a look at the files when I have the chance, but no guarantee that changes will be made just for Namalsk.

Here is a helpful tip for surviving blowouts and AI: As long as you pay attention to the background audio cues of an incoming blowout and find a nearby building you should be perfectly fine. It is unlikely that AI will happen to wander inside the same building as you since they're probably out hunting zombies or loot piles.

Back