[Support] DZGM

To disable the auto spotting text shown in group chat set these in your server difficulty profile as shown:

AutoSpot=0;
ClockIndicator=0;

So, should that go here?

// You can change it from 'DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus' to 'DayZ_Epoch_1.Takistan' or 'DayZ_Epoch_2.Utes' and more
// You will need to find the ID of the mission via 'File Manager' and then clicking on 'MPMissions' folder
// Exmple template = "DayZ_Epoch_17.Chernarus"
class Missions
{
class DayZEpoch
{
template = "DayZ_Epoch_24.Napf"; // omit the .pbo suffix
difficulty = "recruit"; // difficulty: recruit, regular, veteran or mercenary
AutoSpot=0;
ClockIndicator=0;
};

};

Hi i am getting this error msg
ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\dzgm\defines.hpp, line 12: .W_RscText: Member already defined.

The only thing I can find in my server root is :

Code:
version=1;
blood=1;
singleVoice=0;
gamma=1;
brightness=1;
shadingQuality=7;
shadowQuality=3;
maxSamplesPlayed=32;
sceneComplexity=300000;
viewDistance=1600;
terrainGrid=10;
volumeCD=6.5;
volumeFX=8.5;
volumeSpeech=5.5;
volumeVoN=6.5;
vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

That's in my \Profile\Users\TCAGame\TCAGame.ArmA2OAProfile.

I hate to necro this thread, and @ebay idk even know if you're still active in the community.. but someone for the love of god help me fix the random group issue. I realize Im literally the only overwatch server that uses this, but the amount of raging crybabies that bug me about this is driving me nuts.

Basically, when you die, often times you are randomly placed in another group. Sometimes it's completely random, sometimes it has to do with who killed you/you killed recently or that part could just be coincidence. So you spawn in, and you're in a group, or someone is in your group. Yes I know it's stupid easy to just right click on radio and leave the group or kick the person, but that apparently is too much for people to figure out or too annoying for them to do. Sometimes it does happen a lot, like every couple of minutes someone is placed in your gruop and you have to stop whatever you're doing and kick them. My server is VERY pvp heavy, lots and lots and lots of deaths all of the time, so this can get taxing.
Here is PsiSyndicate raging about it.

So @ebay , anybody who is still alive on this mod with some ability to code competently please let me know... we can go on my test server and diag the shit out of this!!!

I hate to necro this thread, and @ebay idk even know if you're still active in the community.. but someone for the love of god help me fix the random group issue. I realize Im literally the only overwatch server that uses this, but the amount of raging crybabies that bug me about this is driving me nuts.

Basically, when you die, often times you are randomly placed in another group. Sometimes it's completely random, sometimes it has to do with who killed you/you killed recently or that part could just be coincidence. So you spawn in, and you're in a group, or someone is in your group. Yes I know it's stupid easy to just right click on radio and leave the group or kick the person, but that apparently is too much for people to figure out or too annoying for them to do. Sometimes it does happen a lot, like every couple of minutes someone is placed in your gruop and you have to stop whatever you're doing and kick them. My server is VERY pvp heavy, lots and lots and lots of deaths all of the time, so this can get taxing.
Here is PsiSyndicate raging about it.

So @ebay , anybody who is still alive on this mod with some ability to code competently please let me know... we can go on my test server and diag the shit out of this!!!
I have never get this problems maybe install failed ? Or a script thats not really compitable with dgzm ?

I've personally never experienced this issue but I know what is causing it. A while back Ebay updated the DZGM code to force a rejoin on your old group after you died. This makes use of your user profile located locally on your pc. For some reason this at times seems to put you in another group. I have reports of it happening a while back but haven't seen or heard it happen in a long time.

Basically what you could do is remove the part where it makes people rejoin their 'old group' after death. Or try a re-install. Perhaps you fucked up the latest update :D.

If you remove this part

Code:
if (count _savedGroup > 1) then {
    {
        if (((getPlayerUID _x) in _savedGroup) && {(getPlayerUID player) in (_x getVariable["savedGroup",[]])} && {_x != player}) exitWith {
            _loginGroup = group player;
            [player] join (group _x);
            if (count units _loginGroup < 1) then {deleteGroup _loginGroup;};
        };
    } count playableUnits;
};

From init.sqf. It stops people from joining their supposedly 'old group' on login/after death.

PS. You still have me on skype. You could of just asked me there.

I mean I think it's just an overwatch thing because Overwatch runs on an old dayz code and basically comes broken.. I dont think theres a problem with the install but I'll give it another shot... I mean everything works completely fine it just seems to randomly place people in your group (sometimes). Thanks for the tip!

Just tried it out.. still a bit too soon to tell but someone has already confirmed they were placed in a random group.

@DangerRuss .. I glanced at the comment above "Just tried it out" .. for a sec I thought you said you .. " just cried it out" lol .. I was thinking WOW .. there you go get it out of your system LOL

yea I mean this solution is less that optimum. People tend to die a lot on my server so you'll spend more time inviting people to your group after each death then you would just kicking people who are randomly placed in it.

I've got a different version of group management I wrote for my server, where i keep track of uid's on the server and it re-adds people back to groups automatically if they have died or logged in and out. Works fine. A rewrite of this one could achieve the same goal, which is what I think you are asking about.

Im not sure what it would take to fix this group system for me... it's beyond my skill to fix or rewrite unfortunately.

I do and already completely rewrote a new group management setup. I just have it on my server. I don't think it is good form to release without permissions from ebay, because I did use his graphic setup for a base.

Ebay,
you still around??? Would you mind if I released it?

I dont know a way to get ahold of him anymore.. he's not on skype anymore, at least not a public account, maybe his forums? https://socrafty.website/ Idk he's basically not active in the community anymore. I dont see him active on epochmod.com either

I'll post an alternate version tonight then and make it clear he is being credited and that I'll take it down instantly if he has a problem.

Back